Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words of wisdom on Giant Monsters
Words of wisdom on Giant Monsters
Caught this on the broadcast channel and had to share. How true! -Cindy
[Broadcast]Friction System: (( most people fight monsters for the badges.. Lusca is ...
not exp friendly.. she dishes out debt faster than a credit card ))
Re: Words of wisdom on Giant Monsters
Quotefile. Definitely.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Heh.... I haven't fought Lusca since before all the GM changes. Gotta see what's different now.
That description sure sounds like Deathsurge, though, if you don't have a couple of folks debuffing his accuracy. When he starts his Thunderstrike-Total Focus animation, my first thought is 'oh s---', 2nd is to check my health to make sure it's more than 75% or so (Brute-wise) and then 3rd I hope that the squishies are out of range. "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Quote:
Heh.... I haven't fought Lusca since before all the GM changes. Gotta see what's different now.
Well, for one thing, she doesn't die. At least not in my experience.
Changes the whole dynamic of the thing.
Thank god I got that badge for Evangelia before the change.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
I guess that means Paladrone will never get that Jurassik Badge (only one he needs). It was pretty much impossible to get a Jurassik Hunting Team before the changes, now....
Ah well.--
I am the Borg-again Christian. Resistance to my sermon is futile. You will be baptized. Your dogma is irrelevant.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Well, Giant Monsters will still die. I even helped kill a couple (Deathsurge and Jurassik) when GMs still had the sick buff that got toned down recently. It was tough, though, Deathsurge in particular likes to run away when you start hurting him.
You just absolutely have to have someone debuffing their health regeneration, hopefully more than one. Even with their regen toned down, they have so many HP that they heal at Ludicrous Speed. So Rads, Kinetics, Darks, and /Cold Corrupters are In Demand(tm) for Giant Monsters and AVs. (Though Twilight Grasp doesn't have -Regen in it's description, it definitely has the same visual effect as other -Regen powers and seems to have the same anti-target-heal effect as well. The general consensus seems to be that it's just mislabelled.)
A team I was on with my newly-50 scrapper was having a lot of trouble with some AVs even though we had a Kinetics defender on the team. I don't think the player realized that their basic heal had -regen in it, though. I asked them to start spamming Transfusion in between Smites and Shadow Mauls (it came out as "spam Transfusion on Baphomet, PLEASE!!"), and once they started that, we took him down in short order, and several more AVs in missions after that. I explained about the -regen after Baphy went down. "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Deathsurge and Lusca are fairly comparable, really...'cause they're the two monsters that often have multiple copies running around at once. Leading to comments like:
[VirtueUnited]Player1: Lusca is up.
[VirtueUnited]Player2: Yeah? When is she ain't?
They're also annoying in different ways. Deathsurge tends to run around a lot, while Lusca has the multiple tentacles that need to be killed and the whole submerge-and-resurface bit.
Lusca also has some very nasty cone attacks, waves that travel along the surface of the water. Those are the usual source of player debt. There's a fairly easy way to avoid them, though...basically, park the tanks on one side of the tentacle/head that's being wailed on...
...and park everyone else on the other side, 180 degrees opposite the tanks. So they'll be out of the cone. Seriously, this works. If you're ever on a Lusca team and people aren't doing this, tell them to.
I've actually helped beat Lusca twice since the Giant Monster changes. The thing is, tho, each time it took over three full teams, like 24+ people.
-- Acyl
I haven't seen Deathsurge. Where/what is it?Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Deathsurge is the Giant Monster that appears in CoV in Cap Au Diable, usually in the northern section. He's a giant version of the electrical gremlins that are all over the PTS pipes that circle the zone.
There's a picture of him here, right side of the page:
Giant Monsters"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp