Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Heroes: Good Versus Evil Edition
City of Heroes: Good Versus Evil Edition
From the description, it's intended for before Issue 8. Hell, I'd get it just for the character slots.
pc.gamezone.com/gamesell/p30635.htm

Features:
Exclusive in-game bonus items!
Jump Jet Prestige Power
Pocket D VIP Card Teleport Power
Exclusive Hero and Villain Costumes
Full versions of both City of Heroes and City of Villains
DVD bonus digital items: City of Heroes comic books, Prima Issue 7 Strategy Guide update pack, movies, game trailers, screenshots, and more!
Exclusive two-sided poster featuring Paragon City and Rogue Isles maps
Twelve character slots per server (four additional character slots)
All content updates including Issue 7: Destiny Manifest
NCsoft game trials and other offers
First month of play included

Followed on the official boards with this post from Cricket:
boards.cityofheroes.com/s...ost6347680
"Sooo. erm. yeah. Surprise!
The Good Versus Evil Edition is *not* a hoax. This is very real, although we have not yet announced *any* details as of yet. These details will come in all due time. "
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Re: City of Heroes: Good Versus Evil Edition
Argh... sorry about the pic in the main page. I didn't know it would do that. It won't let me remove it by editing, either."Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Well, some of that is just what you get for having both COH and COV together, but a few things there look cool. Not cool enough to buy the DVD if you already have the games, in my opinion, but cool.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
Hopefully they'll release a feature pack for people already subscribed.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
I'll second that. It probably won't happen for awhile, though. Undecided"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

Well, it just hit the official page today, the pack is available on Sept 29. "Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

sigh
I'm likely to pick it up for the kipple and the fact that I can't effectively buy things online. Not having or particularly *LIKING* credit cards, etc tends to do that.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: sigh
I'll probably buy that for Becky-chan -- by that time we should be able to afford a better computer for her...
--Sam
"Falling in love with a supervillain is Trouble with a capital TROUB!"
Quote:
Well, it just hit the official page today, the pack is available on Sept 29.
I'm at work and COH's site is screened by our censorware, so I just have to ask... what is meant by this "pack"? Is this something free that existing subscribers can/will get? Or is it something to buy?
-- Bob
---------
If you want to just add the new items in the GvE Edition to your account without buying the whole thing off the shelf, you can do that online at the CoH store starting Sept 29th, the same way you can purchase the DVD Edition's items as the Hero Gear Kit.
Here's the items from the GvE page:
Includes exclusive in-game bonus items!
Jump Jet Prestige Power
Pocket D VIP Card Teleport Power
Exclusive Hero and Villain Costumes
This is at the bottom of the item page:
NOTE: To Purchase In-Game features only (beginning September 29th), click here. Log in to your PlayNC master account and click the PURCHASE CODE link. After youve successfully purchased the serial code, locate the game account you wish to upgrade and click the ACCOUNT DETAILS button. Then click the UPGRADE button and follow the instructions to apply the serial code and unlock the in-game features. Again, this will be available for purchase beginning September 29th.
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

Does it say how much that will cost?--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Nope, not yet. Undecided
ETA: But the Hero Gear Kit is $19.99, to offer a comparison. Both come with a free month, too."Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

Quote:
Both come with a free month, too.
Hm. I'll have to take a good look at what they offer and decide if it's worth the extra $5, then.
-- Bob
---------
"Available for purchase exclusively at Wal-Mart?"
Well, crap. Wal-Marts are illegal in Santa Cruz County. ^.^
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
Having lived in Santa Cruz for a year or so, this does not surprise me. -Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
I am now officially sold on wanting this new prestige power. I can't wait to try it out.
Posted by Positron today:
Posi on Jump Jet Prestige power
It's a little different than Superjump. It's a little different than flight.
It's kinda like a Superjump where you can "add height" at any point in the jump (even when you are falling back down) by pressing the spacebar. By itself its horizontal mobility is limited, but you do carry your forward momentum into your jump. This means that superspeeders will get a huge horizontal jump out of it.
It helps the other Travel Powers too, so it has a benefit even when you have another travel option:
Fly: Increases the speed of Flying
Superleap: Increases your Jump height and distance
Superspeed: Get the above mentioned horizontal jump
Teleport: You can use it to extend your "hover" time by hitting spacebar when you are falling.

Oh, Stalnoy Volk is all OVER adding this to his arsenal!!
Does anyone know what the pack looks like?-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------
No idea what it looks like yet. This might be the first prestige power that I'll actually put slots in it. (Recharge)
More from Posi and Castle on it:
Castle: It's a toggle. If it were a click buff, you'd be stuck with it 'On' for the full duration.
Posi: It runs for 30 seconds, and has a base recharge time of 150 seconds. The inobvious caveat of "these numbers can change at any time" applies here too.

Increasingly sounds like I'll have to brave the trip to San Jose to get this thingy...
(There are a number of zoning ordinances designed specifically to make impossible the construction of even the smallest possible Wal-Mart in this county. Wise choice, thinks I, except on occasions such as this.)
--Sam
"I hate broccoli. And yet, I am broccoli."
Quote:
(There are a number of zoning ordinances designed specifically to make impossible the construction of even the smallest possible Wal-Mart in this county. Wise choice, thinks I, except on occasions such as this.)
Oh my.
Oh my my my my my.
If that wasn't in California, I'd want to move there.
But really, they should do that more places!
-Gee, think Morgan dislikes Wal-Mart? '.'"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)
Quote:
If that wasn't in California, I'd want to move there.
And that's always the problem ain't it?
I loved Santa Cruz. The mountains, the sea. The weather. Even wintertime was pretty damn nice. (Hey, as long as it's not directly on my head, I LIKE rain.)
Could NOT afford to live there.
Could barely even afford to live in the Bay Area at all.
And this was 1991-93.
I've heard it's gotten worse since then. Much, much MUCH worse. Housing was insane back then. It's got to be rubber padded walls bonkers now.
As for ordinances against Wal-Marts. I don't like the idea on general principle. I just can't help but think that in so many ways, those types of rules can come back and bite a community in the ass. Law of unintended consequences and all that, y'know.
Still - for Santa Cruz, Wal-Mart wouldn't be a good idea. It really _would_ hurt the local feel of the place. A little further up 17 in Scotts Valley would be okay though.
Sorry for the thread-jack. But I have fond memories of that place. Couldn't help it. And more on the topic might want to go to general.-Logan
-----------------
-----------------
For me it's more to do with the weather. Not that I could afford to live there either, but even if I could, I wouldn't want to live that far south.
Quote:
As for ordinances against Wal-Marts. I don't like the idea on general principle. I just can't help but think that in so many ways, those types of rules can come back and bite a community in the ass. Law of unintended consequences and all that, y'know.
You just had to go and bring logic into it, didn't you? [Image: wink.gif]
I'm not sure I think it's really that good of an idea either, but Wal-Mart has given me a lot of reasons to want them hindered...
-Morgan.
while true
break
end
The rumor is that the Pocket D teleport will allow you to teleport to Pocket D from any where. That seems like an excellent power too. This is looking too good to resist.Gaean Conspiracy - @Gaean Conspiracy
---------------------------------
Time to take the grime out of crime
- Pretty Witty Kitty
Gaean Conspiracy - @Gaean Conspiracy
---------------------------------
Time to take the grime out of crime
- Pretty Witty Kitty
I'm not sure how useful the jump jet would really be, actually. The devs said they're currently looking at a 30-second toggle with a 150-second recharge. I'm not sure I'd bother if it's something I gotta keep flicking on and off like that. But it could be cool, I'll see.
And...I suppose 30 seconds is a fair amount of time while travelling. And it does boost flight speed...
If the D card really works that way though...that'd be awesome. Figure it'd have some kinda recharge or other limits on it, but still freakin' awesome.
What really tempts me, though, is the idea of exclusive costume pieces. If they turn out to be numerous and cool, well, that'd probably tip the scales for me. >_>;
-- Acyl
Quote:
What really tempts me, though, is the idea of exclusive costume pieces. If they turn out to be numerous and cool, well, that'd probably tip the scales for me. >_>;
Yeah, but what if they run out of cool stuff that works for your costume before you sign up?
-- Bob
---------