Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few unrelated bits
A few unrelated bits
From the Legendary club christening last night, there was mention of the drink mixing skills of Mr. Midnight.
Picture a film that should never be made. A superhero who is debased during the McCartney trials in the states becomes a drunk in Australia, but is called out his stupor to recover the hypno-ray stolen by arch-fiend Mr. Midnight! Yeah. Sounds pretty bad. The Superhero is Alan Arkin. The director is Albert Pyun (the Uwe Bol of his day and any day). Oh and just because the suck knob hasn't been turned up to 10 yet. Make the sucker a muscial.
The film is The Return of Captain Invincible. I own it on VHS and DVD and while I do not say go out and get a copy - I will vouch for it. Why? The villain is none other that the Man, Christopher Lee himself, who sings two songs; while surrounded by his leather'n'skank hench-babes. Remember the old Pat Benetar Video 'Love is a Battlefield'? Well when they walked out on the pimp, they went to work for Mr. Midnight. While most of the music in the film is forgettable at best and horrible at worst. Except for three songs; the good ones. Written by Richard O'Brian. That Richard O'Brian. The creator of the Rocky Horror Picture show.
So picture Christopher Lee in Leather pants, singing a Richard O'Brian song about drinking while his skanky sweethearts shake martinis and themselves in the background.
And thanks to YouTube. You can see it for yourself.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGJci1W0K5Q
Re: A few unrelated bits
ROFL! Nice find! Sounds like a nice little gem from the 80's.
Here's it's IMDB entry. Look for a couple of small parts for Virginia Hey (Zhaan from Farscape and the Warrior Woman from Mad Max) and Bruce Spence (the Gyro Pilot from the Mad Max movies and numerous other flicks)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0086189/"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will RogersGlobal: @Jimmy Amp

"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Re: A few unrelated bits
I started watching that last night, got distracted, and then forgot about it. Maybe when I get home tonight.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...