Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestige
Prestige
sitting at 490k Prestige (before the LGTF), #6 in The Legendary.

I'm pondering the most efficient/high speed methods of acquiring prestige. The simple answer 'kick into SG mode whilst farming' feels morally
incorrect - Prestige is, more so than Influence, a measurement of a supergroup's prowess. Given the number I've got up Vs. time served, I'm
apparently doing pretty good. However, there's always 'better'.

Currently, my prestige acquisition centers around Task Force Friday - When I've got Mag on a TF, I run in SG mode. We're usually Exemplared, which
seems to seriously increase the amount of prestige garnered from combat and from mission rewards.

Anyone else have any input as to the effective acquisition of Prestige?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

With Badb I run in SG unless I needed influence for something specific (like unique IOs.)

I made a lot of inf selling IO recipes and salvage, so it didn't hurt me to be in SG mode most of the time.

I think pretty much the general concensus is you just, y'know, earn prestige by killing crap in SG mode.
There's really no right way about it. Running in SG mode while exemplared does increase prestige reward a lot - it'd increase influence as well, tho,
and therein lies the problem. If you don't play the market, then simply playing the regular game is probably your only source of influence income at higher
levels...which encourages people to drop OUT of SG mode.

I mostly alternate half-in, half-out, myself, if playing on any character above level 40 or so, because I don't have major influence-earning techniques
otherwise. Right now I can probably afford to run in SG mode full time, but that is likely to change if I actually start working on IO builds. For a
non-farmer, it gets expensive.

(I'm not against farming, I just don't specifically build for it, and typically find it boring unless there's a really chatty team...thus...)

-- Acyl