Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Task Force Satur-what? HAMIDON! THAT'S WHAT! 5/10/2008
Task Force Satur-what? HAMIDON! THAT'S WHAT! 5/10/2008
Official Virtue Hamidon

Let's Go!

Saturday, May 10th, 6pm EST. Coordination is through the Virtue United (virtueunited) channel.

6pm EST is

2pm AKST

3pm PST

4pm MST

5pm CST

Suggestion per channel is to show up early, as the 50-person Zone Limit gets achieved pretty quick-like.

It's time to take out the Big Kahuna!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I'll be up for it, although from what I remember in the Weakened Hami, the Mitos are rather resistant to Mez. While the medicine pool that Amber has does
offer some Res and Mez resist it is no match for an Empath, and has no teleport. I am at a loss of just which team (Yellow, Blue, Buff/Res/Port) I might fit
into.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Personally, I plan on showing up with either Mag or Pooky and following directions ; )

If I'm around, I might try to make this. No promises, though...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

If Emet were higher I'd offer his tanking but I doubt anything less than a Terrance-level ( [Image: happy.gif] ) 50 Tank would be mince meat in front of the Nucleus.
Suppose I can show up with Amber, and hope for the best.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

yeah, given how bad mini-nucleus hurt Mag, I'll probably bring Pooky. A DPS is fine, too!

As it happens, I was planning to bring Space Mage to this weekend's blueside raid. I've been wanting to see how Space will work in one of the new Hami
raids - 'cause Space is a Dark Defender. PBAoE heal, PBAoE Rez, Recall Friend, Shadow Fall (Fear resist aura), and two Holds. Plus Space hovers...

For reference, this is a good Hamidon guide written by the folks
who run the Virtue Hami raids.

Most important things to note, though - preferably bring on a character who can hover or fly, or be willing to burn fuel on a temp jetpack. Mind, there WILL be
people with Group Fly out there (or the Peacebringer Group Energy Flight), so being able to fly yourself isn't absolutely crucial.

Secondly, chances are we'll be with the majority of raiders in the Mito-killing sprawl, so you'll want to make sure you have the designated raid
targeter on your friends list (or set up a macro to target them based on their name). That's so you can have them
selected and attack what they're attacking.

Finally, you'll probably want to set up a chat tab consisting solely of the Request channel. This is where raid leaders give instructions.

EDIT (again): Ankhani...controllers are necessary for killing the green mitos. They have something like an absurd mag
100 hold protection and are only vulnerable to damage when held. Meaning, yes, someone needs to hold those suckers. Tackling the green and blue mitos is what
most of the raid teams do, so you won't be lacking a job.
-- Acyl

Ok, I attended this weekend's Saturday raid. Some thoughts... the crew that's running this seems very very sound. Pretty good on the coordination
front. There's some people who really have their head in the game.

I ended up forming an assault team myself, though honestly that's not exactly a harsh organisational task.

The lag situation is way improved from old-Hami, and light years better than current RWZ raids. The smaller population cap helps immensely.

The raid encountered one major lagspike/mapserver drop early on - I wasn't affected, but one member of my team got hit. I understand it was like that for
most teams. Otherwise pretty smooth. The only other lag I had was right at the last stretch when Hami was about to fall and people were cutting loose with damn
near everything.

I will amend my last statement; seems like flight is rather less necessary for new-Hami than it is for old one. I'd still STRONGLY recommend you bring a
flying character, but there were a significant number of people getting by grounded. It's rather more doable in the new raid format, especially if
you're just on a random assault team.

My team was heavy on the teleport (vetports and recall friend) which was good for goo-extraction (everyone needs to retreat when Hami's mito's respawn,
this happens thrice in the raid). Some sort of organized bug-out strategy within the team is probably necessary. Unfortunately I don't think many of us in
the Legendary have the Veteran Team TP - I don't yet, need a couple more months. So failing that, if we make a mostly Legendary Assault Team for next
weekend's run, we need to have a TP chain strategy for retreats.

Not too hard.
-- Acyl

A lizard is fine too. I want in on this action something bad.

oh my yes, bump for Hamidon.

It might happen that I am not able to attend. Apparently, I had some bizzare delusion that I still had freedom of choice while at 'home' so, I've
got a weekend already planed for me, despite my plans. I might be able to come, but don't be surprised if I'm not there.
---

bump for Hamidon - was actually very anticlimactic, but I learned something. The schedule is approximate, and you _really_ need to get there early.

Naomi- was running the show this weekend, and did a fantastic job. Hamidon went down, all things considered, like a sack of wet tissue paper.

Gonna try and hit it again next weekend.

Heh heh, well, the raid pretty much starts within a few minutes of the designated time, or at least that's when the raid leader starts taking people to
clear monsters and farm EoEs.

From what I've seen, the zone starts to really hit capacity around 10-15 minutes before start time...which is fair enough I think. I think about a team and
a half worth of folks entered the zone in the last few minutes, and that's it.

It's possible to try and slide in after the start time, though, because people do lose connection and such. 'course if you do that, you're
replacing some poor sod who got disconnected...and who, perhaps, now can't get in again if you've taken their spot.

But hey.
-- Acyl