Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ToTL: Diary of a Catgirl
ToTL: Diary of a Catgirl
I'm going to add more to this as time goes on, probably.  Right now this is a headspace exploration, kinda, plus a bit of additional backstory for Scraps.

[VOICE INPUT MODE ON]
[ATLAS PARK ZONE, LOCAL TIME 14:23:08]
[BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION]
I feel a bit silly doing this.  I mean, I've never kept a diary before, but Mrs. Wilde said it was a good idea and it'd help me keep focused and keep notes on who I should be talking to next and what I've already done and... yeah.  I dunno, I zoned out for a bit.
A diary, huh?
At least I don't have to actually -write- it, I mean, yikes.  That'd suck.  Those folks at the hero registry gave me this little pocket-sized computer/cell phone/GPS/I don't know what thingy, and it even has a built-in diary, if I'm reading the menus right.  Plus it's, like, indestructable, or something.  I've seen other new heroes drop theirs onto the concrete or into the water in the square outside City Hall a few times already, and they seem to still work fine.  Cool!
I feel a bit like one of those TV characters.  "Captain's Log, Captain Sammy speaking."  Or something like that.
Um... what am I supposed to do here?  Mrs. Wilde -told- me to keep a diary... but I haven't done anything yet.
Guess I oughta fix that.
[END TRANSCRIPTION]

[VOICE INPUT MODE ON]
[KINGS ROW ZONE, LOCAL TIME 19:03:59]
[BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION]
My first lead, already!  I'm so excited!  I found a Skull who remembered Archer!  I had to give him a few new scars to do it, but he talked.  She busted his gang up a while back, sent him and a dozen others to the Zig.  I'm so proud of her. 
I remember these guys real well.  We used to have to run from them.  Them, the Hellions, the Outcasts, the Council... the Vahz... yuck.  Didn't really matter which, they were all out to get you.
Especially if you were a girl.
Or a cat.  The Hellions!  If they weren't looking for one to sacrifice, they wanted to light one on fire.  Jerks.
Lucky me, huh?  Being both, I mean.  That was the first thing I learned back when -- back before Mom and Dad went away.  My ears are easy to hide as long as my hair isn't wet, but the tail?  Ouch, is all I have to say.  YOU try keeping a tail hidden the whole time you're growing up, see how YOU like it.
... I'm standing in the street yelling at my cell phone.  Smart move, Sam, way to get the people to trust you.  Back to work!  These Skulls won't arrest themselves!
[END TRANSCRIPTION]

[VOICE INPUT MODE ON]
[GALAXY CITY ZONE, LOCAL TIME 06:15:33]
[BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION]
There are a HELL of a LOT of CATGIRLS running around lately, and I'm starting to smell a rat.  And I don't mean the fun chasey type, either.  I don't recognize them from the Home, but I'll bet Mrs. Wilde had a hand in it anyway.  She's sneaky like that.
They all have hero names that are some variation on Archer's.  Maybe they're fans, too?  But I'd know them, then, I think.  I -am- her fanclub president, after all.
Well, anyway.  It's nice having backup around, and really nice having someone else around who knows what it's like to have guys try to grab your tail all the time.
Poor Purrky, though.  Purrky Goth, I mean, she's one of the catgirls I was talking about.  Me and her and Purrfect Storm -- see what I mean about the names? -- were running around, chasing down bad guys and beating them up, and this guy kept -hitting on her-.  I mean, he'd walk right past me and Storm to make his move.
I'd feel insulted, maybe, except that he was such a dork about it.  And I don't get it, either -- Purrky's cute and all, and I know I'm not much to look at, but Storm's all tall and elegant looking, and doesn't bother with clothes.  You'd think he'd have hit on her, too.
I dunno.  I like my baggy sweater and stuff, but shaving every other day or so is kinda a pain.  I only bother with the face and arms, the rest is under cover, but... well, if Storm can do it, why can't I?  Right?
Mrs. Wilde was pretty strict about the clothes thing, but there WAS that boys school right nearby....
Poor Purrky.  We left the jerk behind after a while -- he was following us, it seemed like, just to put the moves on Purrky -- but still, that's not fun.
[END TRANSCRIPTION]

[VOICE INPUT MODE ON]
[KINGS ROW ZONE, LOCAL TIME 17:51:16]
[BEGIN TRANSCRIPTION]
Oh my god oh my god oh my GOD OH MY GOD!  I FOUND HER!
ALICE is the ARCHER!
I've got a couple minutes here, I'm on my way to the Legendary base -- she invited me to join her SUPERGROUP, can you BELIEVE IT? -- and I'm so excited I can't sit still.  I have to -do- something.  So I'm updating this thing, it might be a while before I get back to it.
ALICE is the ARCHER!
Oh wow.  I thought the trolls had gotten her too, or maybe she got caught in the crossfire, or something.  But she's okay!
Only thing I don't understand is, somehow Alice is a catgirl now too.  I need to ask her about that... someday.  But right now...
... I'm too excited.  ALICE is the ARCHER!  Whee!
[END TRANSCRIPTION]

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

*Snickers* Okay, that's just adorable. Certainly solves the problem of trying to write the Alice/Sammy reunion I've been having. Hyperactive Sammy is
cute win.

Yeah, as I've played her she's definitely gravitated towards the HyperKitteh model.

Also, she's developed some quirks. F'rinstance, for some reason she can't seem to jump over even the narrowest stretch of water without falling
in. It was HELL in Striga, lemme tell you, because of all the boat door missions and contacts ON boats, and every time just about she'd go to jump that
little teensy gap between the boat and the dock and *sploosh*.

Sigh.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

... If she has the standard issue cat reaction to water as well... *Snickers*