Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Hits 50 - and what followed...
Jackie Hits 50 - and what followed...
"I never thought it would come to
this." Morgan said grimly. "The other shoe is about to drop; it has
to."

"What part are you in doubt about." Bella
said. "Jackie actually keeping her mind focused on crime fighting long enough to reach Security Classification
Fifty?"

"No. I can get
my mind around that." Morgan admitted. "The respectable suit still
has me nervous."

"Would it help you any if I told you it was left in her
closet by a Crey Agent who was staying over and ended up leaving suddenly without even her undergarments?" Bella
asked.

"No. No it
wouldn't." Morgan considered. "I would still feel uneasy,
curious, but still uneasy."

"I am sure she would tell you the whole story if you
asked." Bella frowned. "She told me the whole story and I did not
ask. Shizuru overheard the entire story and left suddenly for crime fighting purposes.
I will admit, it is a good story, but perhaps that is only the way she tells it."

Up on the stage, a row of heroes and heroines stood
waiting. They were all to receive their commendations for reaching the pinnacle of Paragon's super heroic
protectors. Jackie stood out. Jackie always stood out. The parts of Jackie that stood out most prominently were not the entire reason for it. She
was dressed conservatively. She was dressed period, which for Jackie was unusual enough to warrant a second glance and
a high degree of suspicion. The black business dress, with the somewhat daring skirt, was indeed the property of a Cray
agent, but somehow Jackie had subtly altered it. She would have had to; there was not a single Cray agent on record
sporting Jackie's measurements. Good re-tailoring aside, it was also how she wore it. Every button was done up, every belt properly fastened. She had even replaced her normal
ski goggles with a pair of square rimmed glasses; they must be non-prescription, there was nothing wrong with her eyes.
It should have been respectable; it wasn't. Jackie projected sensuality and availability in every gesture, in every
subtle movement. Helen of Troy may have had a face that launched a thousand ships; but Jackie, even fully dressed, had
a presence that would have launched every single drop of the common vernacular for the crew of those ships.

"If you must know that outfit is my
doing." Bella noted. "After the last debacle I hit back in the only
way I knew I could stymie Jackie. Resources. Sixty Million to be precise if she
could manage to get through this ceremony without it becoming a spectacle."

Morgan nodded.
Influence in Paragon was not precisely money, though it could be used as such for many things. The sum was daunting to
say the least. He briefly wondered if Bella had that sum handy, as it was highly predictable what Jackie would demand
if Bella was unable to meet the terms of their agreement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, heroes and heroines, guests and
family." The City official said expansively. "Here to present the
awards for Hero Of the City, is our own hero of the city. I give you, Statesman!"

He alit from an upper balcony, floating down to land on the
stage with the casual grace of an athlete at the peak of his abilities. Tight spandex costume immaculate, a slight
gleam as his helmet caught the spotlight. Perfect musculature. With a smile and
a wave he pulled the helmet off, revealing strong, masculine features and a shock of black hair. He did not seem to
suffer the ravages of helmet hair either, a minor power, but potent nonetheless. He gravely accepted the box of awards
from the city official and started to one end of the line. Speaking to each hero in turn as he affixed the medal to
their costumes.

"Hi Miss Santos! Mr. MacHine." Space Mage said as she dropped into the seat next to Morgan. "I was afraid I was
going to be late."

"No you are just in time." Bella said. She started slightly as Space Mage pressed and envelope into her
hands. "What's this. Not urgent I hope."

"Miss Frost said I was supposed to give it to you just
before her award." Space smiled happily. "She promised to buy us
pizza for our anime night."

"Oh no."
Things unraveled rapidly from there. Bella turned her attention back to the stage.
The conservative outfit was gone; in the single second that she had taken her eyes from Jackie. It had been
replaced with most of her usual costume. The goggle and fur trimmed boots were there, but the supremely brief bikini
had been further reduced. The Hadron Supercollider and the ability of Jackie's seamstress; two miracles of modern
science. Statesman goggled, taken aback for the barest second before regaining his composure. He did so with far greater speed than the rest of the audience, most of whom were still struggling mightily to close their
jaws. One hero at the far end of the line leaned so far over to try and see that he pitched forward off the stage,
nearly faceplanting before remembering he could fly. He resumed his position shakily.

"My turn ma brave?" Jackie asked breathily, inhaling and bending back ever so slightly so her breasts surged forwards like the inevitable
tide. It was a perfect maneuver. Obviously planned, obviously practiced,
perfectly executed. Stateman's hands had been raised, as he tried to determine what, if any portion of Jackie's
clothes could possibly support the medal. Instead they found themselves neatly engulfed. He dropped the medal rather than poke her with the pin, his hands opened; and were filled.

"So forward."
Jackie moaned, her lips parted and glistening. "And right here? In
public? Oui ma brave! Oui!"

She was on him in a moment - off the ground, legs coiled
around him, lips pressed hard against his; trapping his hands by wrapping her arms around his shoulders, her hips gyrating vigorously. The embrace was perfectly timed. By the time he was over the shock of it, Jackie was
disengaging, sliding off with satisfaction obvious on her features.

"Magnifique."
She said breathily, making a show of letting her eyes play down Statesman's chest, and then deliberately lower.
"I see that Metropolis is not the only city that can claim a man of steel."

"Congratulations."
Statesman managed. He looked like he was considering bending down to retrieve the dropped award, but thought
better of it. He managed to hand out the remaining awards without actually turning back to face to crowd and then made
a quick exit off the side of the stage.

"Sixty Million."
Morgan looked at the chit that Bella had removed from the envelope.

"Si…"
Bella glared at the stage, where Jackie was blowing kisses to the crowd. The tall blonde winked, the gesture invisible
behind her goggles, but somehow discernable. She bent forward to retrieve her medal, her cleavage displayed
proudly.

"Shopping then."
Morgan could feel the heat rising off Bella. Not the home-apply-yourself-now-Morgan heat, but the
Eternity-of-hells-fire-will-be-a-walk-in-refridgerator-compared-to-what-is-coming heat of a rising temper. She might
have won the bet, but she had lost the battle, and Bella did not take loss well. "Wentworths?"

PLAYER NOTE: Jackie hit 50 with some 70 Million influence, as I am building her at 50 without IO sets, I didn't need that level of cash, so I handed it
over to Bella, who is all expensive IO sets. Here's the reason.