Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor issue with marking read
Minor issue with marking read
I can mark a particular forum as read, but I can't seem to mark the site as a whole as read. When I try to do that, I get this error:

"Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
RE: Minor issue with marking read
*shrugs* I can't even figure out where the button to do that IS.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Hm. If you're using the black-and-green SanFelix skin, you might want to switch back to the default and try again. (Skin choice is way down in the lower right of the page, on the bar with "Contact Us | Access Denied! | etc" on it.) This looks similar to an error I got when trying to use inline moderation in SanFelix, caused by a CSS thing I still need to change.

If you're already using the default white-and-blue skin, I can't help you right now, but I can do some research when I get home tonight.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Using the white and blue skin here, actually.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
aha. Yes, as it happens I AM using san felix.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I've been coping with Legendary threads being filled with truncated inserts all all night, JFerio. I didn't get to do any research on your problem. I'll get to it, I promise.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
No rush on my account, Bob. I can mark things read right now, just not on a whole board basis.
(09-07-2017, 11:37 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: (Skin choice is way down in the lower right of the page, on the bar with "Contact Us | Access Denied! | etc" on it.) 

You can add this to issues with the Simple theme. That quick theme select is missing. I have to go to the User Control Panel to switch out of Simple.

As with the "get dropped to a reply box with no ability to read the threads" problem, this happens only with that one theme. I tested it.
Bob,

Not really an issue as such, just a QoL thing. Whenever/if you get around to it, could you, if possible, turn off the confirmation page that's displayed when the 'Mark Forum Read' and 'Mark All Forums Read' links are used? I really dislike the having to either wait for the page to go away on its own or do an extra click to get back to the forum. If there's any objection from the other users, I'll just grin and bear it, though.
I'll see if that's something I have control over. If it helps, clicking the green "speech bubble" icon next to a forum name on the main board page so that it turns grey also marks that forum as read, and doesn't require a confirmation.
-- Bob

That does help thanks.
For reference, the Fanfiction Forum uses MyBB as well, and doesn't have the confirmation, so it should be possible.
I haven't found it yet. I'll keep looking.
-- Bob