Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCSoft Quarterly Report
NCSoft Quarterly Report
http://www.ncsoft.net/global/ir/quarterly.aspx
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Blocked by the censorware here at work, and my last-minute Christmas responsibilities will probably not let me read it tonight. What's the executive
summary?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

What Bob said.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Acyl is confused. Acyl looks at the page and only sees the third quarter report as the most recent thing on the website. But that was released in November, wasn't it?

Or maybe Acyl misunderstands purpose of this thread? Are you trying to point out something new, or are you just drawing attention to the fact that the NCsoft quarterly report IS on the website, for the edification of folks who might not know? o_O

'cause, okay, if folks didn't know, yeah...it's all there.

Aside from the general state of how NCsoft is doing, what's prob'ly most interesting to CoH players is the section in one of the Excel files that tracks subscriber data for CoH.

Total monthly server access for US/Europe and highest concurrent users, basically. Off the top of my head, the total player numbers (ie. total number of people logging on to the servers; this may not count folks with active subs but who aren't logging in) has been around 130,000 for the past few months. September saw a drop to 127,000 or so, which is a low, and I recall when the last quarterly report came out there was a lot of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM on the official CoH boards.

And speculation as to why.

Conversely it might not actually mean anything long-term. Honestly I'd be curious to see how the final year-end data looks, what with the convergent effects of a new issue release, Christmas, and a financial crunch.

Uh. That isn't out, right? Am I looking at a borked browser cache or something? I'm confused. Wire, were you just posting a URL or is there something new that I'm somehow missing? ;_;
-- Acyl

mmm, this came up in a DOOOOM spasm on the vbadges channel - I keep it around as a last-ditch recruitment place and cheap entertainment supply.

Someone posted the link, and I followed it. parsed the report, and it is.. interesting.

Q1 sales of CoX were approx 5300, Q2, 5700, Q3, 6300 - CoX is alive and well, thank you - I believe that the purchase numbers are a more apt metric than the
concurrent sessions numbers.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Ayup. There was a guy spouting doom and gloom about how everyone hates i13 and they're loosing players left and right. Posted the quarterly report and
continued on his tirade. I slapped a note on him that said "Whiny tit. Doom and gloom." and swapped to a different tab.

Meh.

'Everyone hates I13, look at the numbers from the report!' is...meh, just meh.

The Q3 report has data up through September, but really most of the substantive announcements regarding I13 content, including the news that the Mission
Architect would be pushed back to I14...was released in October.

Any analysis of the effect I13 has on purchase and subscription numbers would need the Q4 data.

Still, good catch regarding the sales numbers, Wire. I'd looked at those but pretty much skimmed it, didn't pay much attention.
-- Acyl