Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales of the Legendary The Comic: Issue 12 - Partners
Tales of the Legendary The Comic: Issue 12 - Partners
http://www.whatsupdark.com/3.html

Issue 12 just went up! Hard boiled penguin! Arctic Private Eye.

[Image: bdf269416f92f07884a58138ce1a553548af290d.jpg]

It's the background details that break me.

"What the F..."

"Coo!"

A Malta Gunslinger?

Always fun stuff, Rev. Big Grin
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Random guest appearances in this were PERFECTLY placed for epic lolz... I don't wanna know where the rhino came from.

coo!~
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Coo? Coo? Achoo?
While it is hard to put CP into the narative, the avian avatar of the god-who-just-crapped-on-my-car, is a fun addition to any background.

I had originally started this story as hard noir with the Circle of Thorns as the villains, but turned to the lighter as -

1.) I have not finished the circle models yet - and they are moderately comples to reproduce.

2.) Having just returned from a vacation, I was not particularly disposed to writing something that grim.

I have the other story on the backburner for the time being. I will return to it eventually.

As to the Rhino - while the Illusions power sets have very static effect in game mechanics, in a fully realized world, not restricted to the rendering
engine of COH, the illusions can be anything, based on the character in question. Fae Wree Tale is very creative with her illusions (The Rhino also appeared
in an earlier issue.) The Seal Clubber came from a recent adventure I ran in a tabletop RPG "The League of That's-Just-Wrong" where I set out to
create the most reprehensible villain team possible, including The Seal Clubber, Springheel, Rainbow Smite, and The Inevitable Iron Klan. They are likely to
show up in a later comic.

And yes, that is a Malta gunslinger in the final page - the very model of a black-ops, cowboy, merecenary douche who is an indian, a construction worker
and a leatherman short of a Village People Reunion. What he is has to do with the story... well that's next issue.

Bravo, Shayne. I was giggling all through my dinner as I read that.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.