Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Sabre Trailer (post-grogginess title update)
Random Sabre Trailer (post-grogginess title update)
A little preview of things to come.

[Camera heads through the entryway of a familiar lingerie shop.]
Sylia: Someone is targeting us. Someone different.
[The camera heads into one of the changing rooms, then shuts the door, the sound of an elevator cranking into operation becoming audible as the booth shakes.]
Sylia: Not Crey. Crey have always wanted us, but this new person is different. It's as if they know us as well as we know ourselves.
[The camera exits the booth, heading into a hangar, flanked on either side by numerous hardsuits in storage racks, prepped for immediate transport to their owners.]
Sylia: How we think. How we fight. How we organize. If I didn't know better, I'd say they hired someone from GENOM back home.
[The camera heads into a room marked "Private Office, seeing the four original Sabres around a meeting table, Sylia leaning forward intently.]
Sylia: We need to find out who this new player is, and we need to find out soon. Or we may be running into unacceptable casualties, very soon.
[Flash cut: a boardroom with the Crey insignia stamped into its polished black surface. Above the insignia, a hologram of a satellite is being projected as one man remains standing, gesturing to it.]
Brian J. Mason: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Project: Olympus. This microwave transfer technology will allow Crey Industries to beam electrical power from solar energy to any location anywhere on the planet, instantaneously, but only if they have a liscensed Crey energy receiver.
[The sattelite rotates, shifting from hologram to real time image in orbit, hovering in geosynchronus orbit over Paragon.]
Mason: The first satellite is already in place, and once all of them are online, we will have total global coverage.
[The image zooms out, showing a network of satellites surrounding the globe.]
Mason: We will have solved the energy crisis and be the only company on Earth with access to it thanks to a variety of stealthy patent applications. We'll be able to name our price for this new, renewable source of energy. So tell me, ladies and gentlemen, how many of you are ready to become the gods of the new solar age, delivering fire to the masses so long as they worship at your feet?
[Cut to the interior of a retrofitted command bunker. A pair of Protector Bots stand working at a console with a sharply dressed man behind them.]
Hyperbuma Alpha: The virus is in place, sir. All that remains is to gain access to the satellite system to activate it.

Hyperbuma Beta: We expect total coverage of location designate: Paragon City. Total penetration and access success analysis holding at 97.65%.
Shadowed Figure: Excellent. Make it 99.
Hyperbuma Alpha: By your command.
[Cut to the office of the Crey Industries Nerva Branch, where Madigan is handed a case by a Crey courier.]
Courier: Enclosed are the global access codes to the Olympus network. Your unit is under orders to guard them with your life.
[Madigan looks at the briefcase and nods once, a calculating look in her eye.]
Madigan: Aye, I understand.
[Cut to a montage of Sabres patrolling the city.]
Nene: I don't know exactly where it's coming from, but this code's new to the city network, and it's spreading, fast. We've already located several caches of Council, Sky Raider, Nemesis, and Malta weapons by following its trail. Even some small time crooks storing backup weapons and gear in the city limits.
Sylia: What do all those groups have in common though?
Nene: I don't know yet, but I will soon.
[Cut to the docks on Sharkhead. A Family goon is talking with a man in concealing armor.]
Capo Uno: So we'se gots a deal?
Armored Figure: We do indeed, so long as this tanker is in Independence Port by this Friday.
Capo Uno: It will be. You scratch our back, we scratch yours, capische? No questions asked as to the cargo, just like you said.
[Cut to inside of the tanker, where ranks upon ranks of shiny metal skull-like heads are visible in the dim light.]
Armored Figure: Good. I'd hate to spoil the surprise.
[Cut to a Crey Office, with Madigan staring down a visitor with death in her eyes.]
Madigan: It's you. I ought've known ye'd be after this.
Largo: Let's be reasonable about this, shall we?
Madigan: That's a laugh comin' from you, ye monster.
[Madigan looks over at an all points alarm button. Largo follows her gaze.]
Largo: Madigan, do we really need to escalate this to pointless violence?
Madigan: Aye, we do.
[Madigan's gloved hand bursts into flames as she chucks a ball of fire at Largo and dives for the button.]
[Cut to Nene typing at rapid pace on her computer. Sylia comes in behind her.]
Sylia: Nene, status.
Nene: Sylia, it's like all that code just came active at once. And it's tracing every backdoor I have! I don't know who made it, but if I can't shake it loose in the next five minutes, they'll be able to trace our location immediately!
[The screen shows a map of Paragon, with a variety of shiny dots following an impossibly complex gridwork of lines that all lead to a center dot in Steel Canyon. The screen transitions back to the earlier command bunker.]
Hyperbuma Alpha: Tracer programs loaded.
Hyperbuma Beta: Trace expected in 4.09 minutes.
Hyperbuma Alpha: Beginning secondary viral load.
Hyperbuma Beta: Phase one lockdown initiated.
[Steel Canyon's war walls abruptly turn red as the raid sirens blare. At several entrances, the massive doors sealing off Steel from other zones begin grinding closed.]
Hyperbuma Alpha: Medicom systems claimed. New teleportation coordinates established.
Hyperbuma Beta: Viral control uplink established. Bringing secondary combatants online.
[Across Steel, multiple machines begin to stir, before stepping forward, breaking through their enclosures and taking to the streets.]
Hyperbuma Alpha/Beta: Trace finalized in 2.08 minutes.
[Cut to Nene, following the exact same map as earlier, but with much less breathing room between the tracers and the center dot representing their location.]
Nene: One minute! Sylia, you have to get everyone out of here!
Sylia: We're evacuating as fast as we can, but we need more time.
Nene: I don't think I can give you more time! We have thirty seconds before they crack the last barricade of double blinds!
Sylia: Nene, you have to hold out. I know you can.
Nene: Fifteen seconds!
[On the Hyperbumas' screen, the counter reaches 00:00.]
Hyperbuma Alpha: Trace finalized. Location confirmed.
Hyperbuma Beta: Uploading location to firing computer.
[Cut to orbit, where the Olympus Satellite's transmission antenna reorients itself, blue-white light glowing in a single tube extending itself from the center of the satellite's mass.]
Largo: And now, let the humans tremble, and let justice rain from the heavens against those that would strike a god.
[Cut to a distant view of the Paragon City skyline as a column of electric blue-white light pierces the cloud cover and enters the city with a distinctive discharge noise.]
[Cut text: Sabres of Paragon: Soul and Steel]
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

!!!!!

More...?

oh shit......

also Moar Please