Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riot reports/Tales of the Legendary: Playing with Fire.
Riot reports/Tales of the Legendary: Playing with Fire.
Atlas park
Seraph residence.

Tish pocketed the elevator key as it reached the penthouse level and stepped out, it had been a pretty boring day for her so far, so she decided to see if Seraph was up for smacking around a few goons or something.

She paused outside Seraph's workshop and ran her hands along the door, it was kind of funny that he had installed a door that looked like it should have been part of some medieval castle. Tracing out the pattern he had taught her, there was a click as it unlocked and she let her self in.

As she entered the workshop, she paused at the sight that greeted her. Seraph without a shirt, offering his hand to Enynn. Who was currently climbing out of his forge. Naked.

Slowly she made her way across the room and tapped Seraph on the shoulder.

He turned and looked down at Tish, seeing her expression. "Um, En, can you give us a moment?"

"Sure, I'll be in the kitchen." She replied scooping up her cloths and walking out.

When En had left, Tish turned back to Seraph lofting one of two furrowed brows.

Seraph ran his hand through his hair. "I can explain this Tish, for starters, it's not what it looks like."

Tish crossed her arms. "Okay, then you have another reason for why there was a naked woman in your workshop?"

"Believe it or not, she powers the forge."

"Wait... she dose what?"

Seraph wandered over to a nearby couch and dropped down on it. "En helps me work on some of my projects, she can generate a heat that I need. In return, she can cut lose with out worrying about burning down a city block."

"That's all?"

"Pretty much, we help each other out."

She sat down next to him. "And she was naked why?"

Seraph shifted, blushing slightly. "Well, when she generates that much heat, normal cloth would vaporise."

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Tish let out a sigh. "Let me see if I've got this straight. You get En to strip down and hop in your forge so you can work on magic armor and whatnot and she gets to fire off with out worrying about property damage."

"Yeah, that's it."

Tish taped her foot for a bit. "And the reason you never thought to tell me of this before?"

Seraph hung his head. "I wasn't sure how to explain it with out putting my foot in my mouth... or screwing up."

"You know... you probably should have told me." She lent over and scuffed his hair. "I'm gonna talk to En, get her side of the story."

"You don't trust me?"

"I do trust you, but I find it's best to hear both sides before casting judgment." Tish wrinkled her nose and poked her tongue out at him. "and it'll give you time to have a shower, ya reek."

"Okay, okay." Seraph pulled himself off the couch. "I'll clean up. Just... don't get into a fight with En, okay? My insurance no longer covers damage by fire anymore."

Tish smirked slyly "not making any promises but I'll try not to." Climbing off the couch.

She found En in the kitchen, draped over a chair staring absent-minded at the ceiling.

She grinned as she saw Tish. "Sooo, I take it you want to talk to me?"

Tish nodded. "For starters, I want to hear your take on the deal you and him have."

En shrugged. "He gets heat he needs to do his work and I get to let off some pent up energy."

"And he doesn't try anything?"

En let out a sigh. "No, he gets so focused on his work I don't think he notices I'm there at times."

Tish shifted slightly. "Wait, so you do want something with him?"

"It would be of been nice... but I don't think he would go with it. He seams like a one woman man." En looked back up to the ceiling, before looking back at Tish, her mood swiching. "so, got any embarrassing stories about him ya want to share?"

As Seraph headed down the stairs, he heard laughing coming from the kitchen, which worried him more than if he heard fighting. He heard Tish's voice. "So, that's how he got those scar?"

"Oh yeah, one day just lent of the forge and grabbed, good thing I didn't squeeze." Seraph paused, in the doorway. Oh please don't tell me En told her about that? taking a deep breath he entered the kitchen

"Always wondered how he got that, he never wanted to talk about it."

"Wait, you've seen it?"

"Amongst other things." Tish looks up with a sly grin on her face. "Oh, hi Seraph, we've been having an interesting conversation."

"Er... um... " Seraph started felling like a trapped animal. "What... sort of things have you been talking about?"

Tish looked at En and laughed. "Ooh, this and that. But don't worry, we won't tell anyone about the fact you have En's finger prints on your ass."

En grinned back. "We also came to an agreement, Tish has said it's okay that I keep helping you in the forge, just as long I don't try anything."

Seraph looked at Tish. "Wait... it's okay?"

With a slow nod Tish agreed with a loaded "Umhum."

En giggled at the sight of Seraph being cowed by a woman nearly half his height.

Seraph took a step back. "Er.. that all?"

Tish looked thoughtful for a moment. "For now" she flashed him a slightly worrying grin.

Seraph's smiled slightly. Well, they didn't burn anything and i'm not being yelled at... so i guess I didn't fuck things up to badly. He caught a glimpse of Tish's expression. Or maybe I did. 

This was somethin I started a while ago, but only recently finished it. As always, thanks to the people that let me write their toons and Enjoy

holy crap, the sequal/end. knew i was going some where whit this. Tongue
- - -
Seraph Residence.
Atlas Park.
Sera hummed along to the elevator music as she made her way up to the pent house, she would have flown up but with the whether turning cool, flying at that height was becoming a minor hazard.
There was a ding as she reached the penthouse level, stepping out Sera let out a slight squawk of surprise as Tish almost crashed into her. “Shizen, are you okay?” she quickly asked.
Tish let out a slight grumbling reply and heading into the elevator, as the door closed Sera got a slight aftertaste of the emotions rolling off the shorter woman, while Sera never actively read anyone’s minds, she could still pick up on extremely strong emotions and judging by what she picked up from Tish… a mix of anger, and self doubt along with the razor sharp tang of jealousy.
Curious she made her way to Seraphs work shop to see if he knew what had happened. Walking up to the workshop she poked her head in and immediately saw what upset Tish.
Seraph had his back to the forge, a pattern of runes flickering in the air around him, while lounging naked in the forge behind him like it was a spa was Enynn, a pool of flame surrounding her.
Oh you stupid, stupid basted. She thought to her self as she slipped back out and made her way to the kitchen.
- - -
She was still sitting there when En eventual exited the forge and made her way to the door, carefully Sera sat up and called over. “Hey, got a sec En?”
The red head turned and gave a cheerful grin. “Sure, what’s up?” she made her way over, pulling up a seat and dropping down with almost cat like grace.
“En… you ever noticed anything odd with Tish? I mean, when ever you’re around?”
“Not really… I mean, she tends to disappear when ever I work with Seraph in the forge... but she did say that was okay.” A slight look of concern passed over her face. “I’m not… causing any trouble am I?”
Sera looked up to the ceiling, she could sense some worry and concern radiating off the red head. “I think…. I think Tish isn’t the sort to talk about what’s upsetting her… but look at it from her point of view.” She lent forward slightly. “Imagine you’re a rather normal looking girl and your boyfriend works with a supermodel that has no problem sitting around naked while he works.”
En winced. “Yesh… I didn’t think of it like that. When did she tell you about it?”
“Err… not so much tell...” Sera shifted awkwardly in her seat. “More I sort of picked up on it when she was leaving.” She quickly waved her hands. “I didn’t read her mind! she was just broadcasting emotions so loudly.”
Her panicked response got a chuckle from the taller woman. “Don’t worry, I won’t say a thing… but it dose sound like I may need to talk to Tish at some point in the future, huh?”
“Yeah, but might give her a few days to cool off… and don’t broach the subject directly.” She waved a hand. “She might react badly.”
“Got it, sort of a mine field… any other advice?”
Sera grinned evilly. “Try and come up with a way to make Seraph’s life a little bit of a pain for not noticing sooner, kay?”
En grinned. “I’ll see.”
- - -
It was a few days before Sera decided to drop by Seraph’s again to see how things were going, she didn’t want to look like she was poking her nose in where didn’t belong… even though she was.
As she entered the lounge she picked up on the smell of something smouldering, looking over the couch she saw Seraph slumped across it, a slight waft of smoke rising from him.
“Mine gott... What happened to you?” she asked, giving him a slight poke.
He let out a slight groan and rolled over, his face covered in a thin layer of grime that did very little to hide a fading black eye. As he sat up he let out another groan. “I am not a tank...”
She vaulted the couch and sat next to him. “What happened?”
“Was working with Tish today, clearing out some Thugs in kings row, her speed boost had me slam into several guys, a wall and a small demon she had pined down with flame.”
“Hmm, she seemed in an off mood or something?”
He scratched his head for a moment. “Um... a bit… you know why?”
“Would it have something to do with a few days ago when she came to visit you?”
He still looked slightly clueless.
“Mein Gott, daß sie ein Idiot in Zeiten” she muttered, slipping into German.
“What?”
Sera lent over and slapped him up side the back of the head. “Okay Seraph, you are a smart guy, a pretty decent private investigator, but you can be so blind at times.”  He looked like he was about so say something, but she held up a finger and continued. “You need to pull your head out of your work at times. Starting with Tish and En.”
“What do you mean?”
She sighed. “You have your girlfriend, who is a bit of a plane Jane… and then you have a friend that’s got a body most would kill for, are you following me so far?”
He nodded as she continued. “So what happened when plane Jane sees’s her boyfriend working around the hottie, especially when the hottie is naked?”
Slowly Seraphs face paled as realisation sunk in. “I am a god damn tool, jack ass and asshole all rolled into one…” his shoulders slumped. “I really fucked up, huh?”
“No, she hasn’t dumped you, so even with that stuff up she still loves you.” she gave him a pat on the back. “But I do suggest you find a way to make up to her, the sooner the better.”
He stood up and nodded, making a bee line to the elevator. “Oi Dummkoph, take a shower first!” She chuckled as he quickly turned around hand headed upstairs to his room. “And clean clothes be a good idea to.”
---
Atlas Park.

Tish’s Penthouse.
Stepping out of the shower she sighed and ran a towel through her hair, after talking to En, she finally (at least she hoped so) got the whole thing with the forge settled.
She was still feeling a little combination of amusement and guilt from bouncing Seraph around, shaking her head she wrapped a towel around her self and made her way to the kitchenette when she heard a knock at the door.
It was too late for solicitors or god bothers, so it meant it was probably some one she knew, her bare feet padding along the floor she reached the door and looked through the peep hole to see Seraph on the doorstep, looking a little sheepish.
Pulling her towel around herself more tightly, she opened the door. “So what brings you around?” she asked.
Biting his lip he stepped in and brought his hands out from behind his back and held out a box of chocolates and a bouquet of roses. “Sorry for being a stupid ass moron.”

She looked from the roses, to the chocolates and shook her head slightly. “You are such a geek at times you know?”

His shoulders slumped slightly as he hung his head.

Grinning she grabbed him and pulled him into a quick kiss before wrapping an arm around his neck and gave him a noogie. “Lucky I find it so damn cute huh?” she kicked the door close behind them.

He glanced form her to the closed door and gave a cautious smile. “So… I’m guessing all’s good?”

Chuckling she tightened the head lock slightly and half lead, half dragged him to the couch. “Well, we’re about to find out aren’t we.” She gave and impish smirk as the towel started to slip off.

- - -
Thanks to Vyper and Ankh for letting me use their toons.... and waiting long enought for me to tie up this little lose plot thread, as always, enjoy.