Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Preparation of Issue 19... (Now on Test)
In Preparation of Issue 19... (Now on Test)
As you may or may not be aware, there last little bit there has been an Closed and then Open Beta of Issue 19 on the Beta Server and some talk of it going Live within the week.... (it just went onto Test Server)
In case it does... here is a cut down Prima or Guide for it. The official forums would have the complete version written by Zombie Man. 
Warning: Any possible spoilers included at no extra charge.
SPOILERS SPACE
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Stop Reading Now.
Yes that means you.
All clear?
Good.
Lets Begin.

Issue 19

Bugs (oh boy are there some BIG ones) included at no extra charge.
Fitness 101
In is now Inherent in new toons and when you respec. No, you get no new slots. Yes, you can have cake and eat it too. We have no pie. Deal.
Old Fitness Pool still works and the new Inherent Fitness is *Identical* except you get it at lvl 2 and *everyone* gets it.
Incarnates 101 (Notes from Beta are in here)
Go talk to Mender Ramiel in Ouroboros. His arc is for Level 50 characters only. (In beta new toons were level bumped up to 50)
The arc is to unlock the Alpha slot and the only way to do so. (Out of numerous serious attempts, I've successfully done it TWICE solo. On a SO build /SR scrapper and on a Em/Ela Brute. Notice the wording.)
You don't need a team, and you can start teams whenever you so desire. But for some missions... yeah, certain power-set combos will struggle without the tweaks of IOs or teams.
First Mission: Thou Art God... aka: This is how Terrence Knight feels most of the time Tongue.
Second Mission: They Be Cloners, Lad... (Tip: kill the clones and use the lava)
Third Mission: There Be Portals! ... (OMG! Infinitely spawning portals. Kill them and/or Pull!)
Fourth Mission: The Shifting Waters ... (Cake walk after the previous mission)
Yes, I'm simplifying the missions and the arc a lot... certain builds (AV killers and farmers) can solo the missions... other builds - Bring Help or Lots of Inspirations or Both. Smile
I also strongly suggest you read all the mission text at least once, both sides. The writing is some of the best yet and uses full advantage of the branching system and is slightly different on either side. Even past actions outside the arc can change the text.
Incarnates 102
You have unlocked the Mighty Alpha Slot. Well Done. Here - have a badge.
But don't stop now... that's merely 1/10th of the Incarnate System. Now you have to slot it.
How do you slot it? You have to run various TFs, earn Vanguard Merits, fight 50+ mobs or PVP to get Incarnate Shards. These shards will NOT drop unless you have unlocked the Alpha slot.
Repeat after me: To get a shard I will unlock the Alpha Slot first.
Good.
Why slot the Alpha Slot? Two reasons.
  • 1) To allow access to the 2 new TFs.
  • 2) To get some SWEET boosts that bypass ED. 1st level is a GLOBAL 33% End discount or  33% Dam boost or 33% Acc boost or 33% Rec Boost. There are 4 levels of boosts. 2 have been revealed. For more details on the boost and what is needed see the Incarnate UI accessable via the Powers UI.
It suppose to only work for level 50 but might work if exemplared down to 46 or 44 (Hello BIG Bug!)
Which TFs? ITF/STF/LRSF/LGTF/Reichsman/Hamidon/CoP/Mothership raid.
Do I *have* to do a Cathedral of Pain? No. Shards can be crafted into any Incarnate component if that toon has enough. However they can not be traded, sold, emailed, or transferred in any way, shape or form.
Do you need to have something slotted in Alpha Slot before trying Apex or Tin Man? You try fighting at -8 levels and then get back to me. You'll be lvl 46 fighting lvl 54 AVs.
Oh yes... one other benefit of getting the Alpha Slot. You get a Third Build.
--End of Prima--
Comments on Beta:
Oh boy there are some bugs on this one.... most seem to be squashed but some remain...
Anyway, that's what the patches are for.
I haven't done the new TF yet as you need to have something slotted in the alpha slot... and to do that once you have unlocked the slot you have to run a different TF or 2. Rather what I'm using beta for is tossing lvl 50 SOed Builds against the arc and seeing which ones are utter fail... Several builds have sucked so much end it wasn't funny (Spine/Dark/Body Scrapper) while others have been rather surprising (Energy Melee/Electric Armor/Energy Mastery Brute).
When this finally hits live the repercussions are going to be Massive... the entire Incarnate System is the start of something BIG!
You just have to look at War Witch's interview here to see that.
This is slot 1 of 10 and the first 2 levels...and all the possibilities this alone opens up... and the fourth level of this slot involves a level shift!?!
Oh man, this is going to be Huge! This is the start of some End Game Content. This is a direct slap in the face to any who said the game ended at level 50. Particularly when combined with the hints that i20 involves New Technology and New Systems... well... "Hold on to your hats boys, we're in for one hell of a ride."

Okay, I was on the beta for this until going back to Virtue a few days ago. Let me note that yeah, the Incarnate stuff is a blast.

Some specific comments:

If you're a flier with ranged attacks, you can short-circuit about 85% of the first mish of Ramiel's arc -- by going around the back and shooting at everyone there. Not that you actually need to, with the way things go, but... if for some reason you want to speedrun it, there you go.

Unless it's something that got changed, you don't need to go on TFs for shards -- we discovered the repeatable timed missions in Cimerora gave shards when the team was all Incarnates. You're also not just looking for shards, there's an entire new class of salvage that opens up for incarnates -- and it's untradeable. This salvage is offered as a reward option when you complete the L50 TFs now. However, part of what you can do with shards is turn them into that salvage. Plus one type is buyable in the RWZ with Vanguard points.

Other things I noticed:

It looks like Trial Zones are getting expanded explore badges, just as the main city zones did a couple issues back -- at least I specifically noticed that Boomtown now had more badges and a potential accolade.

Every tram station goes to every other tram station now. The destinations now list their level ranges -- and are flagged if you have a mission there. Oh, and the font's changed on the destination menu.

The exit-to-toon-select is very useful.

ETA:  Not a beta comment per se, but... I started a Legendary Beta branch on the Beta server.  Right now there are just two of us in it, but next time some of us are on a beta, everyone's welcome to invites.  Pity we can't carry the base design over...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I haven't been on test recently, as I can't get wine to load test. I'd be happy to poke in and grab the SG invite.

I think we'll be having a resurgence of BPworld/romans and high level TFs when this hits live.
Also note, only *part* of the Alpha bonuses bypass ED. Either 1/6, 1/3, or 2/3 of the bonus, depending on how rare it is.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Well Ankh to be fair... Partly Bypassing ED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Not bypassing it at all.

That is all.

Quote:1/6, 1/3, or 2/3 of the bonus

so, either 5%, 11%, or 22% ED-free (before tax)?

booyah.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

According to ZombieMan and his Incarnate guide, If you're already at ED cap (over 100% before) a 33%, will become 9.625% or 12.65% for common and uncommon Boosts, respectively. (Would normally be 4.95%)

e.g. (5/6)(33*0.15)+(1/6)(33)
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

even the 4.95% is compelling. Like, really compelling.

The POWER of Incarnate COMPELS YOU!
If it sweetens the pot any, I've got a character who is gonna make Mag's life interesting in his semi-retirement. *grin*
Come back to us, Wire! 

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

not until my project list stops expanding..

Well stop finding stuff to do! We Missss JOoooo. I haven't farmed the roman walls much at all compared to the days when you were around *Grin* And Ran on Namoru is the first person to -finally- surpass your Legendary prestige total on Mag lol.

*whistles*

took 'em long enough!

Minecraft and my new welder are eating my life Tongue

*add his voice to the many* come back please, Gir misses her bestest freind in the whole world. Big Grin

that and she may be looking for some brides maids in the futuer (asuming i don't break anything, no promesses Tongue )

Yah, you were my main competitor for Prestige. It was the good ole days where we'd battle tooth and nail to be #1 prestige spot heh. Now I have that spot in the Legendary..totally uncontested cause your not there to make me work for my lead anymore *grin*

Give Ran enought time Terr....

Tongue

Wait. So old Fitness still works, but you get inherant fitness @ level 2?

Does that mean you can take the fitness pool and still have inherant fitness? Or if you already have the fitness pool, it's still kosher?

Old Fitness still works, until you respec.  If you choose not to respec, you will continue to enjoy the benefits of Old Fitness.
Once you respec, Fitness becomes an inherent pool as of level 2, and can be slotted normally from that point on.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs