Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
virtue's turn in the Prae barrel:
virtue's turn in the Prae barrel:
Wednesday, May 11th, 2011

Time: 10am - 1pm Pacific Time (6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. British Time)

Server: Union

Time: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time (6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Central Time)

Server: Virtue
Still no word as to how the badge rethink goes, if it will be available if you fight off the invasion of 'your' server, if you still have to log into ANY server during the timeframe of the Freedom invasion, or if you have to log specificly onto freedumb during that 3 hour window on the 27th
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

*muttering* Let's see... carry the one, multiply by 17... root of pie ...

That works out to be Thursday 12th May between the hours of 9am and 12 noon local time. That should be doable.

And to try and crash Freedumb... Saturday 28th May between 9am and 12 noon. Hmm.... that's going to be the tricky one to met... as we're always busy on Saturdays. Might have to think up some reason to have the net on even for 10 minutes to log in and then back out.

So... I've scoured the various sources of information, and have yet to get a good picture of where and what. Is this happening in every zone simultaneously? Or is there a central point to rally at? I plan on being there tonight, and I want to know where to be!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It's GM moderated, they pick spots to drop the Prae Baddies.

Fwiw, Giant Monster War Works and the Prae Baddies themselves, [Bobcat, Anti-MAtter, et al] drop SOs of your level.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

GM moderated ONLY? No regular zone events or anything? The THREE hours this is going on on Virtue, I'm at work. Jeez... Virtue is one of the two busiest servers. You think they'd at least put it on the weekend, or have it happen on each server more then once. The devs really thought that through... *Grumbles.*

I was doing it in St Marital, where odly there was a bunch of RP in the Broadcast, the Dev inchared seemed to like this, so they stared RPing Anti-Matter.

wasn't much Lag, but was Red side... but basied off the numbers, I think Freedom will have no trouble hitting the 2,500 peopel they need for everyone to get the badge. Tongue

Must be nice to be you then DS. I had nothing but lag no matter where I went

Thank you for nothing Devs. This is three hours of my life I cant get back

NO QUARTER!!!

Star Ranger4 Wrote:Thank you for nothing Devs. This is three hours of my life I cant get back
You know, no one put a gun to your head to force you to stay online during the whole thing.

I know I logged on for about an hour, participated a little, and then logged off when it was clear I wasn't really getting anywhere. I know I'm not the only one. If it was that bad, you could've just logged off. It's not like anyone's missed out on anything if they weren't here other than a few random spawns of Praetorian AVs reclassified as GMs so they didn't die so quickly. It's a fun little add-on to what is essentially a hardware stress test. They didn't *have* to do anything for any of the other servers but Freedom if all they wanted was to see how much the hardware could take the strain.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Personally? I enjoyed the heck out of my time online. Maybe it was because I logged on late, after things'd settled a bit, but I'm glad I participated.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

I could only log on for about 40 minutes due to my lunch break from work, but I enjoyed the time I was online as well. It was laggy as all hell, I got killed about 10 times in that time period (yay for no debt for zone event!) and I had fun for what I got to do. I wish I could've stuck around longer.

The first half hour or so in Steel Canyon was rather freeze-framey, but like Valles said, after things calmed down a bit it became much more manageable.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

To be fair Star, you get nothing but Lag and loading screens anyway. You really need to look into upgrading either your computer or your connection, whichever is to blame.

Concurence. A parental unit and myself had been in negotiations for using my birthday money as a downpayment on a new system and working off the rest. Now that I'm not totally aggro'd about it (and had a good nights sleep, which I hadn't yesterday) its clearly time to ping a follow up about making that reality

NO QUARTER!!!

A perfectly acceptable Cities machine can be had for less than 600 dollars, US. [q.v., previous "thinking of building a computer" threads]

My new machine (*huggles it*) made it for about.. 499 or so before my copy of Windows 7 was added onto it. So if you still have your recovery discs for your current machine, you can use it for a stopgap OS until you can afford something newer/better/etc.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

http://drunkardswalkforum...new-computer#reply-82566

NO QUARTER!!!