Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Die?
Who Will Die?
So while walking around, enjoying the new content, I got a call to talk to a new contact, an arested lost in Skyway city.
So out of curiosity, I went to see what was going on... and did the first (of seven parts) of "Who Will Die?"
This thing is like a mini TF, similar to the one's in Ouro (so you can solo it), made up of 3 missions, first 2 have Boss's at the end while the third has an EB and then a boss.
It was pretty fun to do on my level 12 brute, I could go on with spoilers... but I won't, go play this, enjoy the story and it's relativly quick.
As for the rewards for this are the following.
4 Merits (okay)
1 Hero merit (so.... something worth 50 normal merits and 2 mil inf)
1 Astral Merit
10 Incarnate Threads.
So... nice, fun, quick and has a huge pay out Big Grin

Seconding DS, along with a few notes:

The end of the first mission is... difficult. Its the old "Exit within this many seconds" without being told where the exit is. I apparently found it, but I don't know *where*.

All three missions have *completely* new maps. The final one was extremely linear, but extremely cool*.

Completion rewards for non-Incarnates are limited, but like DS said, a Hero Merit for 30 minutes of my time? Nice!

All in all, rather neat. I'm off to go do the Villianside contact now.

*Not literally. Oh, STARS, not literally.

Well, escaping in any way in the first one counts. Ouro, D, etc. That said, keep in mind that the entrance is LOCKED. Don't even bother trying.

Overall, I loved this, and I'm looking forward to part two.

Mkay, having gone through the Villian arc, I find its very much second verse, same as the first.

Same three maps, just switching out the main enemies for each. Same basic storyline up to the last.

Still, quite fun, and the denouement of both arcs leave me wanting more- a good sign for the upcoming story arcs.

Fun to play, good rewards. What more can you ask for?

Wait, wait, you got Incarnate goodies for a Level 12 brute?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I think that it's shown as an option, just one you can't accept until 50.

Sky has it. The Merits and Alignment Merit is available to everyone, but the Astral and Threads are Incarnate only.

Yeah its a reward list you can choose from, IMO the HERO/ Evil Guy! Merit would be the best bang for the buck in many cases.

Sounds like it won't be something soloable by my poor little Grav/Time Controller. Hopefully the Way of the Purple will save me.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Pick a time. Sounds like you'll have folks to run it with you.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

If I can run it once a day for a hero merit... thats one purp or PVP IO per month...

In Your Face market monkeys! XD

I... gotta check something with Nogi later about them...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Once a Week after the first run. So you can get 1 for running it the first time. then 1 a week. Got 2 today. can't get another till next week.

Once more of 'Who will die?' goes up, we'll be looking at a rather good hero villain merit source. Also, half an hours work for ten threads isn't bad as a solo option. I can get less in a trial.

Did a speed run earlier today with my Corr, Silent Answer.

Utilizing the terrain to my advantage, I completed the entire thing in less than ten minutes.

While I got very little influence from defeating mobs, it does make for a rather speedy resource machine.

Posi has confirmed that the Sig Story Arcs are all reward linked. You can only get each reward from one of them per week.

So, in a ittle over half a year, when wall of them are up, that;s 7 Hero Merits a Week, averaging one a day, in ADDITION to tips and purchasing them for 50 Merits and 20 million once a day, meaning you can get 17-18 hero merits merits a week for the determined. That's like 2 weeks for a PVP or V Rare recipe. And the price of LOTG 7.5 and Numi's +regen/recoveryl are going to plummet.

Oh wait, they already are. Tongue

I dunno..Maybe I'm readin it wrong but it sounds like you can only earn each reward once per week total. Not Per Story arc. Although I'd be all too happy to be wrong Big Grin.

That was my interpretation as well. Fortunatly, it also doesnt look like the SSA's are run them that month or they go away for good; which is nice because I've still not resolved my RL situation to the point I can play. Hell, I'm not even using my own puter at the moment (and I asked, no they wont let me put CoX on it. boo. Sad )
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Posi has confirmed that SSA 1.1 to 1.7 are linked, so you can only get one hero merit a week for all of them, and so on.

Still, half an hour or less for a Hero merit rather than 2 days will speed up my colection of them Tongue

Todays fun discovery. The Lost Cure works on Lemkin Smile

Matrix Dragon Wrote:Todays fun discovery. The Lost Cure works on Lemkin Smile
Moreover, any of the Lost cured during the TF count towards the "Cure 20 Lost" mission that nets you the Savior of the Lost badge. Including Lemkin and his lieutenant from the second mission.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

"Ah, a hero! What a wonderful opportunity to test my new pow-" *ZAPPO!*

"I'm on internal air supply and the cooling unit's at max. I'm still sweating like a bitch, so sit down and shut up!"
Pt 2: The Arcanus Skull
Okay, time for the Who Will Die Review hour!

I'll be doing this mission by mission, comparing Hero/Villain.

Mission One:
This is a modified Midnighter's map, and interestingly, its split along the red/blue lines. Heroes help defend it from the new villain group (And save Percy, *again*), Villain take a side route and do a bit of ransacking. Whatever you do, it ends up that the Rulu Shin (A new villain group dedicated to bringing Rularuu back to the Primal universe, thus destroying it. Geez, some people just don't think ahead, do they?) stole the skull of Tommy Arcanus, Numina's dad. Time to get him back for Justice/Profit!

Mission Two:
This one takes place in the graveyard in south Sharkhead. First, you have to find a gathering of Rulu Shin among all the zombies walking around. Then you have to find a 'cave'. I'll admit, I took a good ten minutes of searching to realize that the 'cave' entrance was the door to one of the mausoleums near the Rulu Shin grouping. With no pointers to help, they really could have made that better. Moving on, you are directed into a cave with lots of Rulu Shin and strange clouds of red and purple lightning. Before you cringe and cry out in pain, the Elementals are just for decoration. In the cave you are directed to find three 'clues', and then proceed to a Wisp to answer three questions that he poses. The answers are from the clues, and the only one I had trouble with was the 'Monster' question. Answer three correctly, and move on to the last part where you need to beat up a boss to complete the mission and find out that the Midnighter artifacts and Tommy's Skull are being held by a broker in Sharkhead.

Mission Three:
Start this mission by walking into the broker's store, look around, maybe even talk to him. He prevaricates as to any stolen goods, saying all his artifacts are 'Legal', and if you push to hard, he calls in his Rent-a-Cops. Heroes can stealth the first part of this mission, just by not going where they tell you to not go, finding a file cabinet, and moving on. Villians are required to break into the vault and find out that they might not like what's waiting for them. From there, both sides follow the Rulu Shin through several Hortha Vines until you find yourself on an amazing vista, and have to go beat up the Elite Boss holding on to the Skull. After that, Hero's get Numina's thanks, and a fade to black, while Villains can taunt her a bit and get a temporary power.

As with the first one, we're shown a short scene with the two mysterious plotters, and let known that Manticore and Statesman have something coming to them...

Again, Rewards are pretty favorable:
A Hero/Villain Merit
An Astral Merit
4 Incarnate Threads
20 Merits

Pick one, and your done!