Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a quick CO update from last night.
Just a quick CO update from last night.
Okay. I thought the game was badly broken and I did a complete uninstall and reinstall. 
Still having the same issues. But I've since found out it may not be my computer/client OR Champions that's at fault. 
Quote:Atlantea, it's because you're in Texas. My roomie and some other CO players did some trace-route research, and there's an issue with two pipeline providers, Time Warner and Cogent, who are for some reason losing a crap ton of packets in their data hand-off. A Time Warner engineer (not a support tech) has the trace route data from the players and has opened an investigation as of last night.
So apparently my constant lag was that issue. Hopefully it's going to get cleared up.

And I realized something. 

City of Heroes has always run smooth as glass for me. And I never thought about why that was. But with the server farm being in Texas. And that's where I live as well? Yeah.

God. If this game does go away that's just one more thing I'm going to badly miss. Because I've gotten spoiled on it so much. Sad

huh. I thought way back (around iss 16) they had east coast and west coast farms; then they consolodated in TX around GR to even out latency for everyone. SHows what I know.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Come to think of it. You're right. I should've said, "It's run smooth as glass for several years now."