Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This space reserved for news
This space reserved for news
Interesting things are afoot. And that's all I can say. That's all I'm at liberty to say. For now. 

Except - 

Have a little hope. And watch the skies. 

-Logan
"If he were any more cryptic he'd be working at the CIA."

Tease!

(It's because of hope like this -- and the impact of the Christmas season on our budget -- that I haven't yet bought a lifetime CO subscription... looks like I'll hold off on that a little longer.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I wouldn't hold your money from CO based on anything I have to say or have yet to say. If you're having enough fun with CO to justify it, by all means, just judge it on that alone. Nothing more. In fact, Cryptic could use the money so as to churn NWO out faster so we hopefully get devs back to work on CO. 

Any hints or teases I have have nothing whatsoever to do with anything official, whether it be NCSoft selling the game/IP or anyone interested in buying it. I have no data whatsoever for any official resurgence of COH. 

So spend your money for actual product however you like. It wouldn't affect the COH versions of our characters one way or the other. 

-Logan

Sooooo... do what we were already doing, but with a greater sense of anticipation?

-Morgan, not sure what the point of this exercise is.

Pretty much. 

You did use Sentinel to save your characters and have that info in a safe spot, yes?

Just... trust me. 

*Cheesy Cheshire Grin.*

-Logan
--------------------
Was tempted to quote the inimitable Captain Stern
 and say, "Trust me. I've got an angle." But I think 
that wouldn't be conducive to inspiring trust so much 
as it would make people slowly back away from me...
--------------------

Logan Darklighter Wrote:Pretty much. 

You did use Sentinel to save your characters and have that info in a safe spot, yes?

Just... trust me. 

*Cheesy Cheshire Grin.*

-Logan
--------------------
Was tempted to quote the inimitable Captain Stern
 and say, "Trust me. I've got an angle." But I think 
that wouldn't be conducive to inspiring trust so much 
as it would make people slowly back away from me...
--------------------

I didnt, but I only really care about Flame anyway, and Ive got enough refs I can recreate it XD
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

Likewise for Nogi.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I think I saved everyone, but Eva was getting updated every 20 minutes or so until the end...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Fox, did you save Chiyuki or Ysrafel? Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I didn't save a thing...

Buuuuuuut, I have no problem with the Seraph clan starting from scratch, hell, two of them can even be written as getting back into shape after having kids XD

Gir: * giggles*

Neph: *groans.*

Logan, I like you, so please don't take this the wrong way... but you're kind of making me want to throw rocks at you.

-Morgan. Admission: I have no idea what the right way to take that statement would be.

Everything was backed up before it went off the air. About 86 characters, which is pretty moderate, considering some of the posts people were making over on Titan.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

Unfortunately I didn't get them saved. I was distracted by some family issues at the time. Sad
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Can you tell me I'm right if I figure out what it is?

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/01/missin ... successor/

Or

http://missingworldsmedia.com/

While I have no idea what Logan's being cryptic about, Missing Worlds Media is the Titan Network's Phoenix Project, which they've been working on pretty much since the shutdown announcement. Looks like they've gotten to the point of making the company for it.

It's wonderful that they're doing that. I support them 100% and hope they succeed. 

But no, not what I was on about. 

Well, if you don't tell us, I'm gonna have to start making things up. Each more far-fetched and ridiculous than the last =D
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Sylia Stingray has perfected dimensional travel, arrived on Primal Earth, and used her awesome powers of BUSINESS to make a crapton of money, and has brought out NCSoft to revive the game and ensure this never happens again?

Matrix Dragon Wrote:Sylia Stingray has perfected dimensional travel, arrived on Primal Earth, and used her awesome powers of BUSINESS to make a crapton of money, and has brought out NCSoft to revive the game and ensure this never happens again?
That would be awesome, wouldn't it? ^_^

(Except wouldn't it be THIS Earth instead of Primal? Primal being the actual Paragon City universe.)

-Logan
--------------------
Tom Servo: "This! Island! Earth! ... Can be YOURS for the low low price of..."
--------------------

Morganni Wrote:Logan, I like you, so please don't take this the wrong way... but you're kind of making me want to throw rocks at you.

-Morgan. Admission: I have no idea what the right way to take that statement would be.
I'd say the way to take it would be to cackle madly and say, "My work here is done!" 

^_^

Yeah, I was thinking Earth Prime from DC comics.

... I miss those days.

Ankhani Wrote:Well, if you don't tell us, I'm gonna have to start making things up. Each more far-fetched and ridiculous than the last =D
Ooh! I'm looking forward to this! (Sits down with tub of popcorn.)
---

(TheOnion)

NCSoft hasn't actually shut the servers down.

They're just trying to engineer the quantum surge that lead to the 'Virtue is its own Reward' 'verse before they bring them back online, so they can give themselves superpowers.

(/TheOnion)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

City Of Heroes 2 will have jiggle physics.

This results in the constant crashing of the D as people push the slider to max and jump up and down all day.

O_o?
The idea that the cretins at NCSoft would kill the game so they could re-engineer CoX to be "City of Bits 'n Tits" both turns my stomach, and wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
I mean, they advocated that game as "family friendly," in one of their earlier articles. I can see them doing the same thing to the City if they thought they could get away with it.
---