Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars: The Old Republic, Anyone?
Star Wars: The Old Republic, Anyone?
So, I finally have a new PC that will play the latest MMOs. Logged in F2P on SWTOR to give it a try, been running an Imperial Agent through the initial Nal Hutta arc.
Anyone else been playing? On which server?
(I'm on 'Jedi Covenant'.)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I have a Jedi Knight and Sith Inquisitor, both on Bergeren Colony. Both 50 from before the game went Free-to-grind. I occasionally dabble and/or help lowbies. Not so much "play".
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

What are people mostly playing nowadays, then? CO?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

There's a few on Champions/STO/NWO, a few on Rift, and a few on Warframe.

There's a definite community of CoH-RPers on The Secret World, but I don't know of any our group that plays it (regularly) aside from me.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

We never solidly voted for one game. Just kinda spread apart. Heck i spend most of my MMOing time on Lord of the Rings online
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

On my end I play Dungeons and Dragons Online, Diablo III, dabbling in Final Fantasy XIV, most of my evenings are still dedicated to the 3rd Person shooter (With super space ninja powers!) Warframe.

For MMOs, I generally alternate these days between Old Republic and Star Trek Online, depending on what's caught my interest at the moment.

I play Secret World, but it mostly boils down to them releasing content, me beating it in a couple of days, and waiting for new content to come out again. I don't really care to grind the dungeons over and over again, and the game is ridiculously anti-altitis to keep me there constantly. Great game, but makes me grateful I splurged on a lifetime sub and don't pay a monthly fee.
For gamewise, TOR's fun, and I love playing it, but their ability to team with characters at a lower level than you is really bad. STO's better about it, but their high end content (which you'll hit really fast) is really grind-happy. So... alternate there, myself.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

I'm pretty much the same as Ops, for much the same reasons. STO, TOR, and occasionally TSW when there's something new. That said, I still need to finish the issue 10 content.

I do exactly what OpMegs and MatrixDragon have said. We and a handful of others do play from time to time, though not to the same extent as the old CoX days. I spend more time on Star Trek Online, but also occasionally log into Star Wars TOR, and (much more rarely) The Secret World. I also poke at Champions Online occasionally, but in all honesty use it mainly as a costume designer.
For SWTOR, the issue is that, like MD, Ops, and even Ankhani - my SWTOR characters are pretty much largely on Begeren Colony. This shouldn't be a surprise, it's the RP-PvE US West server, essentially the same reason a lot of us played on Virtue in CoX in the first place.

With that said, I cannot in good conscience suggest that anyone reroll on Begeren Colony just because of us. It's not like we're there all that often, and I cannot attest to the general RP population being of particularly high quality.
-- Acyl

*shrug*

Well, I'll try anything that's F2P, but you all know how frequently I don't log in to these games.

I'm sure as heck not going to be paying a subscription for more than one.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Well, after about a week of plinking at it, the Blackstone Legacy has appeared on Begeren Colony. Shall we see if we can get this thing going again? 
EDIT: It occurs to me that I should probably add that the Blackstone family includes a Gunslinger, a Vanguard Trooper, a Jedi Shadow, and an Imperial Operative that the rest of the family doesn't talk about except to sort of roll their eyes or shake their heads and wonder where poor Alicarith Blackstone went wrong in raising his first foster daughter. (Astri'id's actually a fairly decent person, for all that she's an Imperial operative; she just thinks that the Republic is a bunch of idiots. And her family are idiots for siding with them. And the Emperor's an idiot for giving those ridiculous fanatics free reign. Really, she just thinks that the Universe is full of a bunch of idiots and the Empire's more willing to let her shoot them.) 
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."