Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Holy Circle - Ogden Matthias, 4E
The Holy Circle - Ogden Matthias, 4E
"Playing with GURPS Powers" plus "looking at Bob's website" equals "updated character sheets"... although this is the first conversion from GURPS Third Edition that I've done, so I may have goofed somewhere.
I'm still working on a conversion of Alvin Russet, but my conversion of Ogden Matthias is finished, so here it is. Bob, if this conversion is correct, it's yours to do with as you see fit.

Ogden Matthias
691 points
ST 11 (10)
DX 13 (60)
IQ 16 (120)
HT 15 (50)
HP 15 (8)
Will 16 (0)
Per 16 (0)
FP 11 (-12)
Basic Lift 24
Damage 1d-1 th / 1d+1 sw
Basic Speed 4.5 (-50)
Basic Move 4 (0)
Social Background
TL: 8 (0)
Cultural Familiarities: Western (0)
Languages: English (native) (0)
Advantages
Charisma +10 (50); Patron: powerful individual, generic (+100%), appears on 15- (60); Reputation: +3, everyone, all the time (15); Status 5 (20); Voice (10); Wealth: Filthy Rich (50).
Powers
Mind Control: area effect 60yd (+300%), independant (+70%), no signature (+20%), reliable +9 (power roll is 25; +45%), suggestion (-40%), telepathic (-10%), power can be transmitted through audio signals (+40%), targets must hear his voice (-20%), only one message: "You will obey me" (-40%) (233)
Disadvantages
Fanaticism: God's Kingdom of Supers (-15); Secret: leader of a subversive revolutionary movement (-30); Sense of Duty: to supers (-10); Vow: If he can prevent it, supers will never be persecuted (-10).
Quirks
Subtle and careful -- a long-term planner for everything; Always carries a brass-handled cane; Insists on good PR, no matter what; Knows enough to trust expert opinions, if they're experts he can trust; Rationalizes evil deeds done for a good cause. (-5)
Skills
Administration-16 (IQ) (2); Area Knowledge: NYC-18 (IQ+2) (4); Bicycling-14 (DX+1) (2); Broadsword-15 (DX+2) (8); Computer Operation-16 (IQ) (1); Detect Lies-18 (Per+2) (12); Diplomacy-19 (IQ+Voice+1) (8); Economics-14 (IQ-2) (1); Intimidation-19 (Will+3) (12); Leadership-20 (IQ+4) (16); Occultism-16 (IQ) (2); Performance-21 (IQ+Voice+3) (12); Public Speaking-21 (IQ+Voice+3) (12); Psychology-17 (IQ+1) (8); Savoir-Faire: high society-20 (IQ+4) (12); Strategy: land-17 (IQ+1) (8); Swimming-15 (HT) (1); Theology: Christianity-19 (IQ+3) (16).
Non-Super Equipment
Tactical Vest (DR 12, 9 lbs.), worn only during public appearances.
Brass-handled cane (Can be used in combat as a light club, +2 to damage from the metal head: Damage sw+3 cr, Reach 1, 5 lbs.).

(Edit: Left off a couple of point costs...)
(Edit: Changed "accurate" to "reliable".)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: The Holy Circle - Ogden Matthias, 4E
Thanks, Rob! I'll have to study it -- I'm still not fully fluent in 4E.-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.
Neither am I - that's why I'm playing with character conversion.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

First of all, you forgot to factor his Charisma into the relevant skills. Secondly, the enhancement that increases rolls with an ability is Reliable, not Accurate. Thirdly, as Matthias' ability is Telepathic in nature, even though he doesn't have any other telepathic abilities or Talent, it should have the Telepathy (-10%) limitation.
Finally, and this is more of an argument with the original character than a mistake in the update -- Charisma +10 is insanely over the top. According to G: Who's Who, people who found major world religions have Charisma +5. Now, granted, they didn't have super-powers, but I still think +10 is far too much.
Chris Davies.
Quote:
First of all, you forgot to factor his Charisma into the relevant skills.
It wasn't factored into the skills in the 3E version. (This is an excuse, not a justification, I know...)
Quote:
Secondly, the enhancement that increases rolls with an ability is Reliable, not Accurate.
Oops. Thanks.
Quote:
Thirdly, as Matthias' ability is Telepathic in nature, even though he doesn't have any other telepathic abilities or Talent, it should have the Telepathy (-10%) limitation.
That one I did include. I called it "telepathy" instead of "telepathic", to match the usage in Powers.

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk