Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"IST New York's hottest new sexy teen superheroine"
"IST New York's hottest new sexy teen superheroine"
I don't know how I missed seeing http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php? ... tcount=610]this SJGames Forums post by Mark Skarr (self-identified "Forum Pervert") when he made it:
Quote:Our GM asked why Pink had a +4 reputation, so I threw http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/ ... over-1.jpg]this together to give him an idea.

And then, MonkeyFist came in and made an off-handed IST reference . . . so, I felt the urge to do http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/ ... STcopy.jpg]this. I know, I'm a bad man.

No, he isn't... That second "this", so you don't have to go look:

[Image: FHMCoverISTcopy.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh, and look at http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/ ... raph01.png]who else he's modeled...

Edit: http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php? ... tcount=632]And a list of his group's IST NY team, with a link to their team photo
--
Rob Kelk

Huh. Nice. When (ever) I get around to doing IST 2E, I'll have to see if he'll let me use some of these folks for the ca. 2010 version of the official NY team.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

A bit http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.ph ... ost1058863]posted to the "memorable quotes from games" thread over at the SJGames Forums:
Quote:Stuck on an airplane that is failing to make any forward progress toward France. Pink was not granted permission by the French Government to fly into their airspace, hence she's on the plane.

Pilot: "We're flying into a 500 knot head wind. We're stationary."
Co-Pilot: "That's not possible; that's faster than a hurricane. It should rip our wings off."
Pink: "Would it help if I got out and pushed?"
--
Rob Kelk

The Forum Pervert has Arrived!
Finally had 12 seconds to rub together and get over here.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

Huh. Nice. When (ever) I get around to doing IST 2E, I'll have to see if he'll let me use some of these folks for the ca. 2010 version of the official NY team.
Absolutely.  Let me know when you need stuff and I'll get it to you.
I'm working on an updated picture of Argurous when I saw your character sheet for her.  So, is she more of a full-body-stocking type person or a leotard?  I ask, because the picture of her in GURPS IST is in a leotard, but the image on her updated character sheet looks like a body stocking . . . unless she's neekid.  Which I can do, but that's not too terribly family-friendly.

Well, the character who inspired her, http://home.eclipse.net/~rms/dwgallry.shtml]Silverbolt, does in fact go about nude. (The metal coating obscures a lot of details.) I've never specified exactly what Argurous Astraph's costume preferences are... so feel free to take your inspiration from wherever you choose.
-- Bob
---------

Here is a VERY rough image.  It's only been in the engine for a few minutes.  I'll come back and post it again after it's been rendering for a few hours.  On the other hand, Photobucket has had aneurisms with less offensive pictures (but, sometimes, not with MORE offensive pictures), so I don't know how long the link will stay valid for.
If you can get to it, let me know what you think. 

Definite potential there. Can't wait to see it at a longer render time.
-- Bob
---------
Argurous Astraph in 3D
Aha!  Figured out how to upload pics here, but the size is off (should be 1024x1280).  I tried converting it to a jpg in case it was a file-size issue, but they both came out the same size.
Here she is after 9.75 hours in the engine.
[Image: 0f916361acbb85aa79f19143544c8a330d859188_r.jpg]

hrrrm... *My* take would be to loose the nipples and increase the material reflectivity by a couple of percent tops. Bob?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Well, the pictures he pointed me to had nipples, which is why she has them.  On the other hand, I'm working on a new version with a higher reflectivitiy.
It needs a few more hours before it's finished, but here's where it's at now.
[Image: 60d367e26d95afebb6d68669a2ba72d5434a6103_r.png]

I can see the conversation now:

Pink:  “Can I go into combat naked?”

Argurous:  “No!”

Pink:  “But you go into combat naked!”

Argurous:  “My powers don’t protect my clothes.”

Pink:  “Well, mine don’t always.”

Argurous:  “No!”

Pink:  “The fight against the Chinese and North Korean fleet; my costume was shredded after that fight!”

Argurous:  “Pink, against those weapons other metahumans, I, would have been shredded.  Plus, your force field increased in toughness, nearly one-hundred fold, during that fight.  No.”

Pink:  “At least I admit that I’m an exhibitionist!”

Argurous:  “PINK!”

Edit: Updated the image, added the "conversation."

I am amused by the conversation -- I'll have to show that to Peggy. As for the pic, I like how the look-and-feel came out. However... I know she's supposed to be in an action pose, but something about it strikes me as off. Can't put my finger on it yet -- if I can identify what it is, I'll let you know. And something about the face, too, bothers me but that might be an artifact of how small it's reduced to here.
-- Bob
---------

The eyes, and perhaps you're more used to the forced perspective tricks in Comics and Manga. Part of why live-action Superhero movies tend to look cheesy, even with a huge budget.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

I am amused by the conversation -- I'll have to show that to Peggy. As for the pic, I like how the look-and-feel came out. However... I know she's supposed to be in an action pose, but something about it strikes me as off. Can't put my finger on it yet -- if I can identify what it is, I'll let you know. And something about the face, too, bothers me but that might be an artifact of how small it's reduced to here.
Well, the eye looks jacked because of the shadows.  I know it looks like she's staring off to her left.  I'm at work now, so I'll see how the render looks when I get home, and start with her in another pose.

Well, here's the "final" version of that version.
My roommate, MonkeyFist, thinks I should do her as "Chrome."
[Image: 2ae26446a5a4fb448a9a9476b0d8977c4cc5bf48_r.png]

*shrug* It was just my two cents, take it for what it was worth.

I'd based my recomendation on the text "She basicly fights naked, but you cant see any details" from one story or another (forget which one) which would imply that nipples are one of the details that the metallic skin hides
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

That's 9 hours in the engine, and it needs about another 9-18 for a high-quality shot.  Fortunatley, I can leave it going when I go to work for about 9-9.5 hours a day.
[Image: 5963687d6172addcbf0c81e7a2ee74685c47a5bb_r.jpg]
Edit:  Dur!  Forgot to comment that I changed the face, eyes and hair a bit to more match Silverbolt (or try to in any case).  On the other hand, the way the hair hangs, you can't see that she's got nearly waist-length hair now.
What is that "thing" in Silverbolt's chest from the images?  Is it a crystal?  Does it glow?
Edit 2:  Removed Link 

It's an ancient Greek silver coin. She was born with it embedded in her chest. No one knows how or why. When she touches it and wills it, the metal skin flows out from the coin and over her body.

Note that Argurous Astraph does not have the coin.

That said, the second render is very very nice. When Peggy gets home from work tonight, I will show it to her.
-- Bob
---------

If there are any changes she wants to make, let me know and I'll see about modifying it.

Will do. She's not done yet -- she took tomorrow off so she's working late to make sure she doesn't get too far behind -- but when I pick her up I'll tell her about it.
-- Bob
---------

I pulled the other version off and put the latest render up.  I also figured out that I could use the little picture as the link to the big picture at Photobucket.  So, you can click on the image to go see the full-sized one.  I didn't do bloom this time, but could easily pull the image back up and put a light bloom on it, if one was desired.  MonkeyFist (my room mate, aka Hand of Bobb), is going to see if he can find a coin object for Daz, which is the software I use, so we can see about putting something on her chest to make her Silverbolt.  Then, with just a little work, I can have an image of Silverbolt, that, with the simple addition of clothes and removal of the coin, could be Argurous.
[Image: 9432692643ac1b4d8e0a6f7c1191414c70f79c70_r.jpg]
But . . . she's just to sexy to be Argurous!
Edit:  Removed Link 

Okay, Peggy likes. She did tell me to inform you (and wanted to know why I hadn't already) that Silverbolt's hair is in curls/ringlets and said something about Melina Kanakaredes from CSI New York although I don't think she's supposed to be a direct model. She also wanted me to emphasize that Silverbolt is in the tradition of Artemis and other warrior maidens of Greek myth, though for the life of me I can't see how that would translate to a render. But I told her I'd tell you so there you have it.
-- Bob
---------

Hrm.  The closest I have to that type of hair, right now, is the hair I used for Rosalie Westin.  I did a quick look and found this hair, this hair, and then this hair.  Will any of those work?  (Those are also the two main places that I shop for content, so if you look around there, and send me a link, I can see if I already have it, or see about picking it up.  Not just for hair, but for anything.)
As for the face:  Longer face, longer nose and less-full cheeks?
How is the body?
Edit-
When I brought up "warrior maidens of Artemis" with MonkeyFist, the conversation went:
MF:  "Naked?"
Me:  "Check."
MF:  "Virgin?"
Me:  "Not really a setting for that."
MF:  "Okay then, you're covered."

Okay, I'll have to check with Peggy and see what appeals to her, but my immediate reaction is that the http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=9993]Bolina hair ought to serve. I can't comment on the face. I'll bring it all up to her when she gets back from the Philadelphia Flower Show.
-- Bob
---------

MonkeyFist seems to think that we have the Bolina hair somewhere in our archives.  He's going to check.  I've thrown a new picture in the engine with Rosalie's hair (Amarseda hair).  When I get home, I should have a rough picture showing the new face with that hair.  Then I can throw a new one together with the Bolina hair, even if I have to go buy it (it's not a hassle, it's good hair, and there are some other things I want to pick up).