Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GURPS IST LA, One Note and the Denver GURPS group.
GURPS IST LA, One Note and the Denver GURPS group.
Bob, would you be okay with me making my GURPS IST One Note folder publically available?  I have links in it to both your extended IST timeline as well as the front page of Access Denied.  Also, I have a link to the e23 page for GURPS IST.
If you'd like, I can shoot you a link while it's still restricted so you can take a look at it.  If you've got Windows 7, you don't need Office 2010 to view it, you can view it in your browser.

Oh, and while working on said Notebook, I did new pics of Argurous (clothed) and Zell.
[Image: ArgurousNJ.jpg]
[Image: ZellJ.jpg]

No, that's okay, I have no objections.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Cool. Thanks, Bob.

Anyone brave enough to step up and check out this link for me?

It gives me a gateway.zscaler.net login page

Weird.  I can get to it from my work PC just fine (I use my netbook for updates to it, my Skydrive account isn't linked to my work address).
Okay, try this link, instead.

I got a hold of Gold & Appel, Inc and he was able to get into the folder with the new link (from the 2nd post).

I'm getting "Our server is having a problem. We're working to fix it as soon as we can, so try again in a few minutes." Since last night. With about 4 different browsers. Maybe it's just something on my end then. Most likely it is.

I'm getting the same error message, Dartz...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Hmm, that's odd.  The guys from the Denver GURPS Group are able to get in without any difficulty, as is my sister in New Mexico (she has edit privilages, and has been doing editing for me).
I suppose it could be an America-Only sort of page, but I didn't see that anywhere.  I know Rob's in Canada, but I don't know where you are, Dartz.

I don't normally use skydrive, I use mediafire for most of my file sharing. I do have one-note installed on my laptop, but never actually used it, so it's not a lack of the application.

I do have a windows live account, since I used to use Hotmail before my Hotmail got mullered by spam. Just to satisfy some curiosity of mine about this, I tried uploading something to my public directory, can anybody access This?? It's a harmless .rtf.

Edit. Oh, I'm in Ireland.

I tried, but I ended up in an "infinite" loop of the browser trying to load something. (I gave it nine times through the loop before killing the browser tab.)

Hmmmmm... Maybe Windows Live doesn't like SeaMonkey? Or maybe it doesn't like my blocking cookies from third-party sites that collect personally-identifying information? Or maybe it won't share with people who don't have a Windows Live account?
--
Rob Kelk

Dartz Wrote:I don't normally use skydrive, I use mediafire for most of my file sharing. I do have one-note installed on my laptop, but never actually used it, so it's not a lack of the application.
I do have a windows live account, since I used to use Hotmail before my Hotmail got mullered by spam. Just to satisfy some curiosity of mine about this, I tried uploading something to my public directory, can anybody access This?? It's a harmless .rtf.
Edit. Oh, I'm in Ireland.
I love Heavy Gear.  With David Pulver's help, I wrote up a GURPS->Heavy Gear conversion.  Obviously,  I was able to get into your RTF file.
Rob, I don't know.  I don't know if the DGG have Microsoft Life accounts; I'll check with them when I get a chance.

Sous Caparal Jana Kessler 22nd SRA Gear Regiment "Desert Dawgs"
That worked fine. I've had no luck with the other links.

its gotta be something in how the links are set up. Dartz I cold eventually download, after Firefox started to load (then aborted cause it got redirected) 3 different pages. Mark's were as others noted, either "you cant haz" or "Login"

And I see Microsoft is still full of itself "Login to Access Internet" (?)? I dont need to log into live for that. Get OVER yourselves.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Right so. That suggests it may be a permissions issue. Either that, or maybe you're giving the link to the folder and not the file? I'd suggest switching to mediafire rather than skydrive, because Windows Live services have always given me all sorts of trouble, even when I put on gloves and load Internet Explorer it doesn't work right.

And yes. Heavy Gear is awesome. I'm with an awesome group for it, and am sort of dismayed that our campaign is going to come to a close because the GM is moving to Seattle soon. (Jana Kessler is from a one-shot I ran a while back)

Yes, but Mediafire both limits the maximum size of the file (which it's at 61-megs, so hitting that 200-meg mark will be only a few weeks away), and OneNote can't directly link to Mediafire like it can with Skydrive.  It does appear to be something with alternate browsers; my iPod gets the "we can't show you that page" error as well, as I'm on the page with my account.
Here is the link, without being a link:  http://skydrive.live.com...p;resid=7BB7CDAA1B60007A!154
What gets me is that I'm 99% sure G&AInc doesn't have a Microsoft account, either.

Stuck in an "infinite loop" again. (It's going after something from "secure.wlxrs.com", according to the browser's status bar.)
--
Rob Kelk

Still no joy.

The link even looks different for me. Compare that link, with the one to the HG character sheet, it's a different format.

http://skydrive.live.com...a&resid=7BB7CDAA1B60007A

Sorry that this image is 1920x1080, but that's my screen resolution.
Nope, the folder and file are listed as Public:
[Image: Skydrive.png]
The people I've sent private links to can get to it.  As can the G&CInc and those at the Denver GURPS Group Forums, and they didn't get private links.
I think it has something to do with the non-IE browsers.  Doing some research, I'm seeing a lot of people who have upgraded to IE9 are also having trouble.  My netbook doesn't (I decided to try 9 on my netbook, but am still at 8 on my PC, Laptop and at work).

Does This Work?

Got access by eyeballing the link and typing it in manually.

EDIT: Well, it does for me. Clicked that and it opened right up in Firefox and IE9

Well that's cool that you could figure it out.  I wonder why it wouldn't just give me that link to begin with?

worked for me. no real content, but it worked
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Well, you have to click on the headings to the right.  I don't know why OneNote works that way, but it does almost everything else I want.  I used to use TenFootWiki, but this is easier to work with.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you find using One-Note for gaming purposes? I know my GM still swears by the folder full of papers + notebook approach (Which has advantages in a pub without electricity sockets mind). But is it any good?