Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crapatalk Issues
Crapatalk Issues
Just bitching, don't mind me.
  • When converting from Yuku Tapatalk has inconsistently mangled large story posts in fora like "The Legendary".  Extra paragraph breaks, semirandom HTML entity substitutions, universal removal of apostrophes, things like that.  This isn't an artifact of the scrape, as I've had to go several times to the original posts and retrieve their pre-mangled contents.  What's especially puzzling are the posts that didn't get screwed up -- I can't figure out any pattern or logic behind what got garbled and what didn't, and why any given post was subject to a particular set of garbling.
  • I just noticed that we have several threads in the Introductions forum that were created by established members who still have accounts, and yet their first posts -- and only the first posts -- are attributed to "Guest".  I've manually fixed a couple here already, but I'll have to check them all out tonight after work.  Again, this is not an artifact of the scrape or my transfer code -- you can go right to Crapatalk and see the misattributions.  What worries me is how many other threads in other fora might also suffer from this. (ETA: A quick SQL query revealed about 825 posts attributed to "Guest"; I should see how many threads share that attribution. I expect, though, that a good chunk of the Guest posts were originally from Logan Darklighter, who as I noted in another thread appears to have nuked his account some time in the past few months.)

More reason to be glad we're moving.

And I'm sure I'll be adding more items as I stumble across them.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....