Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump blocks Twitter accounts that disagree with him
RE: Trump blocks Twitter accounts that disagree with him
(05-26-2018, 01:50 AM)Epsilon Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 03:45 PM)hazard Wrote: It also means that public officials would do well to maintain a separation between their job persona and their private persona,

Actually you should maintain a very thorough separation between your private self and your job self on all social media. I don't mention my clients, despite them being some of the biggest companies in Canada, specifically because I don't want anything I say online to be associated with them. And I post in most place with my full real name.

That's one of the reasons I've seen the EFF quote for why online anonymity needs to be allowed - for those who need to participate in enthusiast and other forums, when they're either an executive officer of a company, or an organization's public "face", or any other reason that it might be difficult for them to post somewhere for fun when they have restrictions of what they can say online under their real name.

The other reasons tend to be "looking into information that can help them that others find horrendous but which harms no one", such as LGBT information when one lives in an area that being outed in any way can eliminate the difficulty cheat code of "appears to be straight and cis".

Regarding the main topic, if Trump wanted to be able to block people from interacting with him on Twitter, he shouldn't have even run for President. So if he wants to not see communications from those people now, he needs to stop using Twitter.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump blocks Twitter accounts that disagree with him - by LynnInDenver - 05-26-2018, 09:25 AM