Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song of the Day, 9/24/2014
Song of the Day, 9/24/2014
 http://www.youtube.com/v/u2FDvxUAIyE&ve ... tube_gdata
Spent last winter playing in the sandWith the prisoners of the motherlandDamn hotel is feeling like a cell
And even paradise can be so cruelSitting by the swimming poolTrying to keep my head togetherIn that hot Australia weather
Three days to kill and my per diem's getting low'Cause I spent all my money calling long distanceCalling long distance, such a long way from home
Am I talking to long distance, can you put me through?Twelve thousand miles but I've got not resistanceLong distance, long distance, long distance, long distance
Now the Road Hog's face is turning redLarry's still asleep in bedRomeo he can't get no head at allAnd the Doctor looks on so annoyed
You disappoint me, Mr. BoydAnd the Electric Dwarf wishes he was six foot tall
Now Romeo's patience is wearing thin, c'mon baby, let me inIt's five a.m. and I've been creeping 'round the hallGot no resistance calling long distanceYou sound so close but you're such a long way from home
Am I talking to long distance, can you put me through?Twelve thousand miles but I've got not resistancelong distance, long distance, long distance, long distance
Still no points for my merrymen except Ricard, he just scored tenNow Road Hog's getting drunk againAnd I only get to hold my penInstead of what I love to hold the most
I feel so lonesome, I could cryCount the hours as they roll byIt's day time nowI think I'll make a call
Hello long distance, calling long distanceYou sound so close but you're such a long way from homeYou're such a long way from home
Have to admit, I got no resistance to the red light on the wallThe message said I got a callLong distance, long distance, long distance, long distance
-- The Kinks, Long Distance 
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.