Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Teaser for Chapter Four
A Teaser for Chapter Four
Twonky appeared with a pop.  "Professor Looney called Twonky?" it
asked as it always did.
I opened my mouth to order my usual strong, sweet tea, but
instead, I found myself asking, "Twonky, you wouldn't know wherein the castle I could get a good workout?"
Twonky tilted its head, causing one of its ears to flop overcomically.  "Professor Looney needs a place where he can jump andswing and punch?"
"Yes, exactly!" I all but shouted, pointing a finger at the
little thing's long, sharp nose.
The house-elf nodded sagely, looking for just a moment like animpoverished, anorexic Yoda.  "The house-elfs know of a room.  Itis called the 'Room of Requirement', but the elfs calls it the
'Come-and-Go' room.  It be's whatever you needs it to be.  If
Professor Looney needs a place to jump and swing and punch, then
it be's that for Professor Looney.  If Professor Looney needs
somethings different, it be's that, too."
I stared at the elf.  A danger room.  Twonky was describing afreaking magical *danger room*.  I valiantly suppressed the urge
the grab the little creature by its non-existent lapels and shake
it.  "Twonky," I said with false calmness, "where can Professor
Loo...  I mean, where can I find this 'Come-and-Go Room'?"
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Ohhhh man. Doug's gonna use it to teach classes. The shenanigans at Hogwarts are gonna reach epic levels once the RoR becomes common knowledge to the student body.

Er ... BA, where did you think Dumbledore's Army was going to visit Warriors' Mansion?

I doubt Doug will take everyone in Hogwarts there ... but I could be wrong.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh, that was the only way for sure.

It only just now occurred to me, though, that Doug would probably realize that the RoR is the absolutely perfect classroom. And if all the students know about its existence and how to use it... WELL...

Of course, that could be giving the enemies a tool to use as well... *glaces warily at Draco Malfoy* Unless Doug can somehow convince that kid to quit being such a git.

It kind of makes me wonder if the RoR is capable of making what Doug wants on its own, if it is doing so aided by his chaos field or if it is doing so in conjunction with a pertinent power song.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV