Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh what the hell...
Oh what the hell...
A silly inspiration struck me yesterday.

"I'm Hemery the eighth I am
Hemery the eighth I am I am
I'm the high school for the Slayer next door
She's been to seven schools before
And every one was a Hemery
She wouldn't go to Central or Voc-Am
I'm her eighth high school, I'm Hemery
Hemery the eighth I am I am
Hemery the eighth I am."

And with that, I grinned and bowed.

When I stood back up, I found Buffy glaring balefully at me with her
hands on her hips. "That is *so* not funny!"

(ETA: Undid Yuku-spawned format barf.)

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
As a general rule I try not to taunt women who can kick my butt. But that doesn't mean I can't point and laugh from a VERY safe distance.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Re: ....
I'd taunt Buffy. I'd taunt the _hell_ out of her.
whassamatter, dead girl? Spike finally knock you apart at the seams?
-K, NOT a buffy fan.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Re: Oh what the hell...
I should elucidate. I'm not a _buffy_ fan, but I like the universe. I rather like uhm.. Giles, maybe Tara.. but..
bugger it. I'll just go watch Angel instead.[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Buffy lies. That is *so* funny.---------------
Leo: (July 23 - Aug 22)
You'll feel a lot better with warm clothes on your back and food in your stomach, proving that cannibalism has a couple things going for it.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
For those who don't get the joke, by the way, "Hemery High School" is where Buffy went (and burnt down the gym) in the original movie, which is sorta-kinda in the same continuity as the TV series. (Why sorta-kinda? Well, mainly it's the matter of her turning into a sophomore when she got to TV, as opposed to being a senior in the movie.)

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Continuity? What Continuity?
There was also the small matter of the entire genre of the series taking a sharp left turn somewhere along the way.. okay.. maybe more than one sharp left turn.
Okay, the number of twists the TV series put on its own genre demonstrated that space is not merely curved but BENT.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Re: Continuity? What Continuity?
But the whole Hemery affair is still continuity anyway. There are how many references to her burning down the gym in the first season?

-- Bob
---------
Bends!
Hence why space is bent, not curved.
Is it telling that I *still* remember that clown who was staggering around through what seemd to be half the movie with a stake in his chest going 'oooh.. aaaaah'?
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Re: Bends!
That clown was Pee-Wee Herman -- or rather, Paul Ruebens. No wonder you remember him. And it wasn't a stake, I don't think, but a wooden school ruler, and it was just during the credits.
No, I don't remember him, at all. It says nothing at all about me.

-- Bob
---------

Quote: Berk wrote:

Okay, the number of twists the TV series put on its own genre demonstrated that space is not merely curved but BENT.

Well, DUH, Berk....
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children