Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandoned "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" Step(s)
Abandoned "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" Step(s)
Okay, as noted in another topic, these were a couple of things that I wrote a while back. The first is my complete set of notes plus a few scenes for a BtVS
Step set early in the show's continuity, somewhere in the first or second season. (Despite the mention of Glory at one point.) The second bit is just a
one-off throwaway thing I wrote more as tension relief toward the end of the Glory plotline a season and a half ago. It is not to be taken seriously.

Enjoy.

------------------

-------------------

Okay, and the Glory scene:

-- Bob

(Edited to remove some spoilers for DW2 that I had forgotten were there.)

(Edited again in December 2008 to remove the blocks of malformed text, which were just freakin' old and out of date anyway. The Glory scene is so
long dead and no longer relevant to our plans.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Abandoned "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" Step(s)
Oh, two things about the first part.
One, it's implied, but not explicitly stated, that Doug is a teacher at Sunnydale High. This is the first appearance of Doug being a teacher or instructor. I think he was going to teach Shop of some variety...
Two, when I wrote this, Peg and I were still catching up on the first season and I had no idea that the gang had already ended up calling themselves the "Scoobies". I'm not sure what it says about my mental processes that I more or less independently came up with the same idea.

-- Bob
---------
>"I drink the blood of my enemies," Hawk said, and smiled his
>happy grin.
Is this Hawk of Hawk and Fisher fame, or someone completely different? If it is, somehow I'm not surprised.
>Two, when I wrote this, Peg and I were still catching up on >the first season and I had no idea that the gang had already
>ended up calling themselves the "Scoobies". I'm not sure what
>it says about my mental processes that I more or less >independently came up with the same idea.
Bad Things.
Anyway, I like this. It's silly.
Blessed be
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
wo, when I wrote this, Peg and I were still catching up on the first season and I had no idea that the gang had already ended up calling themselves the "Scoobies".
Not to mention having Buffy say "We're Scooby-Doo", considering this past summer's movie...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
>"I drink the blood of my enemies," Hawk said, and smiled his
>happy grin.
Is this Hawk of Hawk and Fisher fame, or someone completely different? If it is, somehow I'm not surprised.
I don't know -- it's unattributed in my quotefile, and I have no idea who "Hawk and Fisher" are -- their fame has not reached me.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Not to mention having Buffy say "We're Scooby-Doo", considering this past summer's movie...
Tell me about it! Especially since I made her Daphne (although that's kinda obvious in the BtVS context, after all). And I half-suspect that one reason she got cast as Daphne was for the inevitable humor value of the BtVS/Scooby crossreferences.

-- Bob
---------
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 6?v=glance
or, if you want to start at the -real- beginning of the tale,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 6?v=glance

Owning the Swords and having read the first three Deathstalkers, I think I can safely say that they all read aobut the same - cheesy but entertaining, in a pulpish sort of way.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
I don't know -- it's unattributed in my quotefile, and I have no idea who "Hawk and Fisher" are -- their fame has not reached me.
The Hawk in this case is the freelance thug from Robert B. Parker's Spencer for Hire mystery novels. The exact novel the quote comes from is called Double Deuce wherein Hawk and Spencer take on a gaggle of gangstas and beat them stupid(er).
Greak book, if you're into detective fiction.
--
Mr. Fnord, Mercurian Angel of Trivia
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Wow
Chuckle.
I liked the last bit. Giles always struck me as a sort of John Constantine type in the past. (The scene reminded me of a bit in Hellblazer/OMG crossover where John reads Heaven's files on him - he was mildly impressed).

Scoobies sounds better than Slayerettes, IMHO. And even Sailor Moon has (in fanfiction) matched Senshi to Scoobies.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Wow
It occurred to me, just today, that, if this step did happen, and Doug showed up during the last season, pre-Willow Rampage, Buffy & Co. would be very wary of any music-based magic.
"You're not going to start singing, are you?"
Ebony the Black Dragon
aka Draco Draconis Ebenium
known to UPN as Aaron F. Johnson
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
You're probably right.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Chuckle.
I liked the last bit. Giles always struck me as a sort of John Constantine type in the past. (The scene reminded me of a bit in Hellblazer/OMG crossover where John reads Heaven's files on him - he was mildly impressed).

Scoobies sounds better than Slayerettes, IMHO. And even Sailor Moon has (in fanfiction) matched Senshi to Scoobies.
What's the url of that fic at?
Quote:
What's the url of that fic at?
Dire Fates by RpM, I believe.
www.thekeep.org/~rpm/vertigo/direfates/
That and his Sailor Hellblazer (link found at same URL) were pretty damned good.
Quote:
Dire Fates by RpM, I believe.
www.thekeep.org/~rpm/vertigo/direfates/
That and his Sailor Hellblazer (link found at same URL) were pretty damned good.
Thanks! I really appreciate it! Thank you!
I loved the Constantine/OMG crossovers -- especially how Skuld ended up idolizing him. Pink trenchcoat -- .
And who could ever forget that immortal line uttered by Sailor Nemesis: "In the name of love, fuck off."

-- Bob
---------
Sailor Hellblazer
I personally oprefer the lines immediately after that:

Feh, whatre you going to do, zap me with it? *This is it. This is where the ridiculous looking girl in the mini-skirt with the magic wand zaps me and I die looking like an idiot.*
No, Im gonna shove it up yer arse unless you go back twhere you came from.
D for Drakensis

Re: Sailor Hellblazer
It's been a long time since I read that, and it certainly brought back a certain wam glow to the cockles of my heart, whatever the hell they are...
Did he ever finish that adventure of the Junior Trenchcoat Squad that he started? Skuld, the boy from "Books of Magic", a couple others who I forget now...
And did he ever finish the one where Skuld was forced into reverting to her Viking-era persona?
(You know, I should really go and look myself instead of asking...)

-- Bob
---------
RPM/David Tai OMG
The Junior Trenchcoat thing was abandoned, I think, and the Books of Magic/omg crossover took it over.
Mortal Engines, that story with the old time skuld, was not completed as of yet.
Oh, a few comments on this, just cause I'm a nit-picky bastard who can't have fun unless he's correcting someone . . .
In Buffy series proper (and not the movie; NEVER the movie), I don't think that either garlic or holy water was used on vampires. Crosses burn them, but maybe not holy water. WOODEN stake to the heart, chop off their head, sunlight, crosses are what were seen to work in the series.
Oh, and the Norns did not spin any threads of fate. I think rather they EMBODIED fate, and possibly SET people on their fate, as well as maintaining the world ash with water from Urd's Well. (the word wyrd is derived from Urd or Urthr.)
And I *believe* there might have been a valkyrie (no, not the jet/robots from macross) named Skuld. Might have been a different Skuld, but still opens up story possibilities.
Oh, and very funny stuff. Very funny.
valkyries
actual norse mythology being scanty (for the record, I believe that everything we know is drawn from 2 colloections of sagas), I can't prove this. However if one interpretation is followed, the Valkyries are beings of an order with the Norns, unlike the Aesir and Vanir. There were, apparently, the three Norns we all know of, who direct destiny according to some predetermined plan, a whole bunch of other lesser norns - one for EVERY living human - and the valkyries who basically recruited Einherjar for Odin because the Norns loaned them to him.
Interpretations that place the Norns as Odin's daughters are probably not refering to a blood relationship. Where Zeus fathered most of Greek mythology, Odin was more prone to adopt them, sort of 'they followed my home for the victory feast Frigg, shall we keep them?' Frigg is his wife, btw.
He adopted Tyr (who was -probably- older than him) so adopting the Norns as his daughters would not be implausible.
D for Drakensis

Re: RPM/David Tai OMG
Quote:
Crosses burn them, but maybe not holy water.
I remember holy water being used in early seasons, but not recently.
Quote:
Oh, and the Norns did not spin any threads of fate.
True -- but in the cosmology behind the Walk, all the Triune goddesses are the same set of Three, and thus the Norns are the same people as the Greek Fates, who did spin the lives of mortals and gods. As I said to Logan over in the DWII forum, the various pantheons and attached cultural baggage should be seen as "filters" that make the divine more comprehensible to mortals.
Quote:
And I *believe* there might have been a valkyrie (no, not the jet/robots from macross) named Skuld. Might have been a different Skuld, but still opens up story possibilities.
No, it's the same Skuld; she's actually their leader. Undocumented Features has been using this recently, but I've had it in my notes since I discovered it in one of our mythology references a few years back.
Quote:
Oh, and very funny stuff. Very funny.
Thanks. Unfortunately one of the reasons I'm not actively pursuing this Step is that I simply cannot be as witty as ten professionally witty people.

-- Bob
---------
Nonsense.
You don't think you can be that witty? You don't read your own work, then!
I have a question, though. Where did you get the "World of darkness, a world of fears" verse? I like it, and I'd like to steal it and tuck it away for later use, as long as I can attribute it. [Image: smile.gif] Giving Reality the finger.
Re: Nonsense.
Quote:
Where did you get the "World of darkness, a world of fears" verse?
You mean this one?
"It's a world of nightmares, a world of fears.
It's a world of horror, a world of tears.
There's so much that can scare,
That its time to beware,
It's a dark world after all...."
It's in my quotefile, about halfway through, which would indicate I came upon it circa 1996, but beyond that I can tell you nothing -- there's no attribution in my file. Try googling on it, maybe?

-- Bob
---------
The only thing that comes up is this message board. Ah well.
--------------------------
Giving Reality the finger.
Yeah, I tried it, too. Damn, I wish I knew where I'd seen it. Sorry.

-- Bob
---------
Possible Title
I know this is an Abandoned Step (not a Dead Parrot), but the idea for a title came to me...
"Buffered Solution - NOT!"
OK, maybe this is a bit too much of a chemistry pun, but seeing as Doug as an SI is not supposed to solve other people's problems for them, more assist their own strengths, so they can solve them themselves, I thought...
Also, the Buffyverse seems to be somewhere that is highly resistant to long term solutions...
Anyhow, hope this entertains! [grin]

"This Step wouldn't go Voom if you shoved Lightning's Hand up it!"
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind