Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, right...
Oh, right...
After setting up this forum and migrating the relevant threads, I forgot to actually post something in it. Duh.

Okay, here's where things stand.

Staring back in July of this year, Helen and I (and Peggy, who has helped in the plotting) watched the entire fifth season of Buffy from start to
finish, taking notes along the way. We have a spiral bound red notebook that we filled with stuff in the process. We assembled a timeline for the season,
worked out from internal clues what calendar date each episode took place, roughly (and may I say, we were quite rigorous and as a result our timeline
doesn't look very much like any of the ones you can find on the Web), and decided when in that timeline Doug shows up. And then we started mutating the
season's arc to account for Doug's presence. We now have a complete outline for the story, a general idea of where our chapter breaks are going to be,
and have started writing chapter 1. Helen just completed the prologue, and I'm working on Doug's first scene. The prereaders are likely to see those
two shortly, as a kind of teaser and to check that our collaboration works smoothly.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Does this mean that... the progress checker at the top of the forums will now contain updates for two stories?

Good question. I don't have a limit (or at least, not a trivial one) on the size of the subhead, but I wonder if it wouldn't be a bit confusing.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Who cares!!! I just want more Looney in action!!!!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children