Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sailor Moon Question
Sailor Moon Question
Can someone please answer this for me?
In several fanfics I've seen references to palaces or castles established for each senshi on their planet or one of its moons. Is this canon or fanon?
Thanks.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Re: Sailor Moon Question
Fannon.
I don't believe that its ever mentioned that any senshi (Other than Pluto's Castle Charon) ever exist in the manga, and I don't believe any castles are mentioned at all in the anime.
Of course it has been a long time since I last read/watched, so I might be wrongWithout a word...
I haven't read the manga, but I've seen all 200 episodes of the anime plus the Ami special. In none of those episodes are any of the Senshi given a palace or a castle, save for Sailor Moon's palace in Crystal Tokyo (in Sailor Moon R).
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
In several fanfics I've seen references to palaces or castles established for each senshi on their planet or one of its moons. Is this canon or fanon?
That came about in episode 42 of the anime:
www.anime-online.com/minako/svanime.html
Venus did have a castle in Venus she can go to. That's stated. It's not stated whether the rest of them have castles, though. So I would have to call it fannon.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Salior Venus's castle is Castle Magellan that hovers over the Plain of Apthrodite. Code Name Sailor V manga is where you find out about that. Somehow, Minako can teleport to and from Venus without the aid of the other senshi
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
The implication seems to be that this is unique to Sailor Venus, correct?

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
The implication seems to be that this is unique to Sailor Venus, correct?
Possibly. The argument behind the fanon would be that Venus is only the only one who's been confirmed as having one, and why should she be that drastically different from the other senshi, anyway?
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Mmmm.
Must think on this. It's not a big plot point at all that I working on here, mind you, just a throwaway detail, practically. But I'd like to be canon-compatible...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Possibly. The argument behind the fanon would be that Venus is only the only one who's been confirmed as having one, and why should she be that drastically different from the other senshi, anyway?
Why is she the only Senshi with a transformation pen that can talk to her and give information?
She has occasionaly used that pen of hers to do her homework. The pen also has an evil detector/negaverse/youma in it.
She also has a V-compact that can reveal a disguised Youma and can also act like Usagi's transformation pen.
Add in the Crystal Sword that is on the moon that belongs to her and you have a very well equipped Sailor Senshi.
It was unclear in the anime, but in the manga, Minako KNEW that Usagi was the Moon Princess before anyone else did(save Artemis). Minako also had most of her memories of the Silver Millenium.
If she had her memories and knowledge in the anime, you'd have to wondr why the leader of the Senshi stepped back and let Usagi lead.

Yes, Sailor Venus is drastically different from the other Senshi. Then again, she was the leader of the Senshi back in the Silver Millenium.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Late in the BSSM manga, around V14 and later, we find that yes, ALL the planets have orbiting crystal castles, named after one or another of the planets' moons (except that Mars just has Phobos-Deimos Castle). It seems to be implied that these castles represent the entirety of "habitation" of the other worlds.
--Sam
"HEDGE!"
Okay, given the topic under discussion, I just have to ask: Is "HEDGE!" some hideous pun of a spellchecker error in a SM fanfic you've seen, an intentional joke from same, or just something you came up with for a sig to make people go WTF!?
- CD is imagining a nicely trimmed cedar appearing in place of seifuku...SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
It's from somewhere in issues 3-5 or so of The Tick.
Nearly all my sig quotes are from either the Tick comics (including spinoffs such as Paul the Samurai and Man-Eating Cow), cartoon, or the live TV series.
In this case, a ninja horde poorly disguised as a hedge has just come crashing through the Stevens mansion window to attack the Tick and Oedipus, hence Big Blue's warning cry.
--Sam
"Surf's up, space ponies--I'M MAKIN' GRAVY WITHOUT THE LUMPS!!!!!"
(and that was my namesake, the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight, being spastic as is his wont
Ah, okay. My favorite has always been "ROOF PIG! Most unexpected!" but all I saw was the animated sweries, and not much of it.
And now I'm trying not to imagine the Senshi meeting the The City crew and failing, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT. The worst is Minako and Tick trading sayings...
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Sailor Moon/Tick
Worse, Minako going starry eyed at big blue. He is a very masculine specimen...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Minako is Strange.
In the comics it's also suggested that Minako keeps a very tight lid on the little fact that she remembers a great deal about the past. The only person, in fact, that supposedly knows that there is something seriously troubling Minako is Rei.
Since Rei is like, psychic, and stuff.
Hence why you see a lot of art with the two of them together.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Re: Minako is Strange.
Hm. So there really are something like the fanon palaces. That's cool, that's very useful.
As for Venus' memory issues, Doug will be taking care of that as soon as he learns that the Senshi are reincarnates. I think. Gotta decide what makes for a better story, with or without all memories.
Thank you everyone for the help!

-- Bob
---------
Re: Minako is Strange.
Each of them also comes with a majordomo AI that takes the holographic form of a mini-Senshi.
Also, IIRC, "Boss," the voice from Mina-chan's pen, turns out to be the Lunar mainframe computer AI. Or maybe the spirit of Queen Serenity. Or maybe both.
Let me take a moment to recommend a past-life-memory-awakening song...
Galileo's head was on the block
The crime was looking up the truth
And as the bombshells of my daily fears explode
I try to trace them to my youth
And then you had to bring up reincarnation
Over a couple of beers the other night
And now I'm serving time for mistakes
Made by another in another lifetime
How long till my soul gets it right?
Can any human being ever reach that kind of light?
I call on the resting soul of Galileo
King of night vision, king of insight
And then I think about my fear of motion
Which I never could explain
Some other fool across the ocean years ago
Must have crashed his little airplane
How long till my soul gets it right?
Can any human being ever reach that kind of light?
I call on the resting soul of galileo
I'm not making a joke, you know me
I take everything so seriously
If we wait for the time till all souls get it right
Then at least I know there'll be no nuclear annihilation
in my lifetime
I'm still not right
I offer thanks to those before me
That's all I've got to say
'Cause maybe you squandered big bucks in your lifetime
Now I have to pay
But then again it feels like some sort of inspiration
To let the next life off the hook
But she'll say "look what I had to overcome from my last life
I think I'll write a book"
How long till my soul gets it right
Can any human being ever reach the highest light
Except for Galileo God rest his soul
(except for the resting soul of Galileo)
How long
(till my soul gets it right)
(til we reach the highest light)
How long
(till my soul gets it right)
(til we reach the highest light)
How long

--Indigo Girls, "Galileo"
--Sam
"This is graveness."
Re: Mianko is strange
Quote:
Gotta decide what makes for a better story, with or without all memories.
You could always have two or three of the girls, be unaffected by whichever song Doug decides to use.
Some possible reasons.
1. Inbuilt magical resistance. They're Magic Girls
2. The memories are all there, the girl is just in denial
3. Doug's power Evaluates one specific girl and says
the equivalent of "Homey don't do that! "
4. Usagi is actualy that clumsy....
5. One of the girls is Mana eater.
(The MGT is making her sick/slowly starving her.)
6. Luna get's in the way.
7. Youma Attack!
8. Misinformed Rose Throwing idiot trying to save the day.
9. Dead Scream!
10. Some memories are just to traumatic for a girl to remember .
Quote:
9. Dead Scream!
The Loon Vs. Puu... I'd pay good money to see that.
Quote:
10. Some memories are just to traumatic for a girl to remember .
I'm fairly sure the Inners can all remember their deaths at the end of season 1. Not really sure how much more traumatic it can get.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Re: Re: Minako is Strange.
Quote:
Each of them also comes with a majordomo AI that takes the holographic form of a mini-Senshi.
Oooh, that's a detail I thought was pure fanon.
Quote:
Let me take a moment to recommend a past-life-memory-awakening song...
Actually, I have one already -- "It's All Been Done" by Barenaked Ladies. But thanks, your suggestion may well come in handy, too.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
The Loon Vs. Puu... I'd pay good money to see that.
It was in the original notes, but I've excised it. If I do go for a mass awakening, my current ideas put both Saturn and Pluto off-stage for the rest of the story. I don't want to give away anything, but I will note that according to the sources I've consulted, it's about midway through the first season of SM that Professor Tomoe gets bit on the butt by his researches. As for Pluto, her first instinct is to check the Gates of Time for a status report, after which her second instinct is to get some popcorn and settle in for a long watch.
(No, I don't buy Metroanime's "geased not to let anything different ever happen" Pluto.)

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
I'm fairly sure the Inners can all remember their deaths at the end of season 1. Not really sure how much more traumatic it can get.
Having some slight familiarity with social work way back in one of my earliest jobs, I can assure you it can get very, very more traumatic. The phrase "death would be a release" doesn't just apply to terminal illnesses...
(Although I suspect that it didn't get worse for the Senshi. They all appear to have come from happy homes, after all.)

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Point taken.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Quote:
(Although I suspect that it didn't get worse for the Senshi. They all appear to have come from happy homes, after all.)
Except Jupiter.

-- Bob
---------
Hrm, let's see.
Usagi - loving parents.
Ami - divorced parents, neither has much presence in her life.
Rei - lives with her grandfather
Makoto - no parents
Minako - parents are commonly treated in fanfic as even more airheaded than she is, I don't know how canonical that is.
Hotaru - Father dead or recovering from posession, mother dead, had to live with Kaolinite as a nanny for how long again?
Haruka & Michiru appear to live alone together.
And, of course, Setsuna, gods only know.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.