Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song of the Day, 19 July 2014
Song of the Day, 19 July 2014
MOON PRIDE//www.youtube.com/embed/deXkJlDxs8w
I liked the new theme.  I don't like it as well as "Moonlight Densetsu", to be sure, but it's a modern take on the the music. Instead of being about the romance, it emphasizes the team.  Maybe not quite so easy to sing along to.I’m not a frail thing that needs to be protectedAndShiny Make-Up I’ll be fighting, protecting the starsA new legend begins here and nowTranslation which is better than the one on the video. -- +kanji -English
But the music itself emphasizes one point that had escaped me: Sailor Moon is pretty fucking metal.  Sure it has schoolgirls going to the arcade and talking about their crushes and the senpai that broke my heart.  But underneath that is is a story so legendary and savage that it's worthy of metal döts.
In the wake of near extinction in the solar system, legendary warriors are reincarnated using an artifact of divine power.  These warriors must fight ordinary things and people twisted by ancient evil.  Finally, they fight the cosmic horrors who aim to destroy everything with no backup plan, no assistance forthcoming.  If they fail, life is basically gone forever in the solar system, and probably the galaxy.
Plan A is to walk up to the Elder God and try to teach him about love.  That never works, so they they attempt the beatdown.  And if normal tactics don't work, well, you know the end of seasons 1 and S.
References to cultural legend, high magic and the occult, legendary warriors, and sacrifice, all mixed up with teen angst.  Sounds like heavy metal to me!
I suppose I'd have picked up on it earlier if I had listened to the last SotD thread, but I'm pretty bad at watching videos thrown at me.
-- ∇×V
-- ∇×V

And that animation does much better at adapting Takeuchi's manga style to the medium.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Sailör Mün?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Once again Valles, your .sig is quite appropriate.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Two episodes already up on Hulu -- and you don't have to be a subscriber to watch them. I haven't watched them myself yet, but the storyline appears to be telescoped -- the second ep introduces Ami.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I take it that it's being speed-subbed? I've noticed that Episode 3 hasn't even been released in Japan yet. (New episode every other Saturday.)
EDIT:  I wonder how far they intend to ultimately go with this new reboot...  It might mean interesting things for DSKS when I finally get around to rebooting -that-!

Nope. It is being streamed worldwide with subs in many different languages, simultaneous with the japanese release. The primary worldwide streamer is NicoDouga , but Hulu and Crunchyroll also stream it locally.
I suspect that part of the extra time that two weeks between episodes buy is used to translate and prepare the subtitles for the emission.

Quote:nemonowan wrote:
Nope. It is being streamed worldwide with subs in many different languages, simultaneous with the japanese release. The primary worldwide streamer is NicoDouga , but Hulu and Crunchyroll also stream it locally.
I suspect that part of the extra time that two weeks between episodes buy is used to translate and prepare the subtitles for the emission.
Unlikely. Generally speaking it would be possible to get the scripts to the translators at the same time it gets to the voice actors, and with a good translator you'd probably finish translating the script at the same time as the recordings would finish. At that point you only need to account for the adlibs.
That might take another day, but I'd be surprised if they didn't finish their episodes atleast a week before they air, so they'd definately have room.  

Actually, I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of other post production work being done at the time. Nothing that would impact on having the timing and typesetting done while all that is going on. Pretty damn efficient if you ask me. Wish they'd do this more often.

Crunchyroll - if you have a paid membership - is streaming live in simul-release with the Japanese broadcast.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.