If I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat
If I shiver please give me a blanket
Keep me warm - let me wear your coat
No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

The first possibility that occurred to me was for this to act as an informational spell. Consider what happens with We Didn't Start The Fire, Doug can play the song and give someone a history lesson cramming decades of experiences into a few minutes. In this interpretation of the songs effects Doug could pick someone nearby and over the course of a few minutes live as a fly on the wall during pivotal moments in the person's life. But it would be the pivotal moments that led to their negative aspects. He might have no idea why they always ate a banana split on the first Wednesday of each month, but he would know about the schoolyard bully in fourth grade who made the person never like the taste of strawberries again. And he would know about the drunk driver who cost him his innocence, or the mugger he kept beating even after the guy begged for mercy... "And I blame you" Poor Doug however as the target, possibly reliving the events along with Doug, will know just what Doug is up to.
The second possibility. I don't recall this coming up in the stories, but it may be the lack of sleep this week. I am sure that Doug has a list of songs that Are Not To Be Played! Possibly saved in the helmets memory in a folder labeled "Play Only In Event Of Cthulhu." In this possibility the song is not about the type of person Doug will be able to get a read on, but about the personality Doug will take on for the course of the song. Cold, angry, and out for vengeance. Perhaps the first time he played the song he got an uneasy feeling and decided he wouldn't use it. Then a battle wasn't going well and he remembered there seemed to be some power buried in this one. After about three and a quarter minutes of watching himself act, without worrying about the things he was doing, he suddenly snaps awake again. With several of the villains thugs now down on the ground, Doug is simultaneously choking the guy, slapping him, and utterly ignoring his teammates distressed words while he tells the guy just what will happen if he ever even looks in Shadowwalker's direction again. So no playing this song unless he doesn't mind becoming a villain himself for a few minutes, ready and willing to attack whoever most recently ticked him off.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Re: The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
I think we were discussing this in another thread. I hesitate to say "just recently", given the backlog I had until recently, but I think one of the ideas was Doug completely grokking a villain? Mm. I'm going to have to go look now.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.