Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A possible Sailor Moon song
A possible Sailor Moon song
I can't remember exactly where it was mentioned, but Bob, you said you were looking for training songs for the Senshi. I thought this song would work well for Sailor Jupiter, as it references thunder, lightning, and wood.

Knock on Wood
I don't want to lose you, this good thing
that I got 'cause if I do
I will surely,
surely lose a lot.
'Cause your love is better
than any love I know.
It's like thunder and lightning,
the way you love me is frightening.
You better knock, knock on wood, baby.
I'm not superstitious about you
but I can't take no chance.
I got me spinnin', baby,
you know I'm in a trance.
'Cause your love is better
than any love I know.
You better knock, knock, knock on wood, baby.
Think you better knock, knock, knock on wood
Think you better knock Baby
It's no secret about it,
'cause with this love in touch
she sees to it
that I get enough.
Fell her touch all over
you know it means so much.
You better knock, knock, knock on wood, baby.
There are several versions of this song, but the one I'm familiar with is off of the Pure Disco cd. (yeah, I like disco. We all have our pecadillos)
Re: A possible Sailor Moon song
Hm. Definitely possibilities.
Actually, though, it might be even better used with another idea that I had, which was Doug giving Usagi experience with all the other senshi's powers, to the best of his ability, so that she has a clearer idea of their capabilities and can make better use of them.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
In that case, might I suggest "Great Balls of Fire" to represent Mars' powers?__________________
"I know when I'm not wanted. I usually don't listen, but I know." - Harper (Andromeda)
Quote:
Actually, though, it might be even better used with another idea that I had, which was Doug giving Usagi experience with all the other senshi's powers, to the best of his ability, so that she has a clearer idea of their capabilities and can make better use of them.
I'd say that using Knock on Wood as 'give powers' would be a waste given how closely it fits Makoto. Since, IIRC, AC/DC's Thunderstruck specifies the plural, it could quite easily fill the role you're looking for.
BTW, I agree with Timote but think that Iron Maiden's Holy Smoke might make a dandy Rei simulacrum song.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puri puri puri puri... Bang!"
Quote:
I'd say that using Knock on Wood as 'give powers' would be a waste given how closely it fits Makoto.
So, are you thinking it might be a "creates simulacrum of Sailor Jupiter" song instead?
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
That'd be the intention, yes.

===============================================
"Puri puri puri puri... Bang!"
Just a note - I can't even mention or read mention of AC/DC's Thunderstruck without twitching towards a volume knob to amplify, amplify like God would amplify....

I love that song.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Given the predisposition for thunderbolts as the weapons of heavenly wrath in various mythologies, I think you may not be alone.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
That'd be the intention, yes.
Hm. I hadn't thought of the possibility of senshi simulacra... Hmmm. Actually, I could make use of that... especially in a pre-DW10 Step, when he still doesn't have his memory of that world back...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
especially in a pre-DW10 Step, when he still doesn't have his memory of that world back
Ah, so that would place the Sailor Moon Step at #7, #8, or #9...
Would it be too presumptive to ask what the other two pre-Legion's Quest Steps are?
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Wait...
Are you suggesting something along the lines of: Doug finds a song in his helmet that he doesn't remember putting there, and uses it to conjure a simulacrum of someone he doesn't remember ever meeting?
...Nifty. Smile
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"
Re: Re: A possible Sailor Moon song
"Who the heck are you?"
"That's what we wanna kno-ICE CREAMM!!"
*grin**********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Quote:
Ah, so that would place the Sailor Moon Step at #7, #8, or #9...
Actually, no... I wasn't going to give that Step a number at all because of the memory thing.
Quote:
Would it be too presumptive to ask what the other two pre-Legion's Quest Steps are?
Yes, but only because I still haven't decided. Mind you, I have several things started that aren't numbered yet, like the Utena Step -- they could easily drop into those slots.
I did once have a pre-ordained itinerary for Doug -- and those Steps were indeed defined there -- but so much has changed since those early days that it's no longer valid. Seven was going to be an all-original world; eight was going to be "Quantum Leap" (and may still be); nine was "Slayers". I only ever had "Slayers" in the list to justify a throwaway gag in DW10, though; I really haven't seen enough of it to be driven to write Doug into that world. (And besides, there's a perfectly good Stagger being written there already.)

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Are you suggesting something along the lines of: Doug finds a song in his helmet that he doesn't remember putting there, and uses it to conjure a simulacrum of someone he doesn't remember ever meeting?
Exactly.
Quote:
...Nifty. Smile
Innit, tho?

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
"That's what we wanna kno-ICE CREAMM!!"
Well, that would be a different song, but yeah, basic idea.

-- Bob
---------
After an e-mail conversation with Bob (essentially, "Mind if I?" "Go for it"), I call "dibs" on this one...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

More than "called"...

-- Bob
---------
Oh, all right - I can take a hint (although I'm trying to cut down on doing this)...
From Chapter One of BSBW, incorporating your suggestions:
Marie and Nadia were off picking fruit for the night's dinner. Jean was working on improving the shower that we had built the night before. He insisted on doing it himself, saying something about how a man should be able to do things on his own. It wasn't important enough to argue the point with him, but that left me with nothing to do.
After checking the still that Jean had built, and seeing that there was almost enough ethanol in it to run the bike for long enough to recharge the helmet's batteries, I decided to look through the songs I had picked up in Mega-Tokyo.
After a few minutes, I noticed that one of the songs I didn't remember ever playing had the "simulacrum" tag set. I didn't expect to see that tag set on a new song; I only had simulacrum songs for the Warriors, and I had those before I left home. It might have been a system glitch, but something made me want to check it out anyway. ""
"that I got 'cause if I do
I will surely,
surely lose a lot>"
Sure enough, it was a simulacrum song. At first, I thought I had summoned up a copy of Lisa, but I quickly realized that she was a different girl. She was an asian teenager, about the age where metagifts usually start to manifest back home, wearing a ludicrously-short skirt and a ridiculously-large bow over a sleevless white leotard, with boots, gloves, and jewelry rounding out her ensemble. It was just like Leese's costume after I played "Invisible Touch" for her, but in different colours and with different details. I [i]still
didn't know what Leese was thinking when she designed that outfit, but it seemed to be contagious.
"[/i]
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:
Oh, all right - I can take a hint (although I'm trying to cut down on doing this)...
Oh, no, I wasn't hinting at all. I just was implying that you presented me with what was all but a fait accompli...

-- Bob
---------
But I said I'd delete it if you told me to...
More seriously, I didn't write the follow-up scene until after you said "ok".
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:
Okay, that was weird, even for me.
The ripping sound you can probably hear even in Canada (depending on how close you are to Detroit) is me pulling my hair out in frustration at all these tantalizing little snippets of the story.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Quote:
The ripping sound you can probably hear even in Canada (depending on how close you are to Detroit)
I'm in Ottawa, but I have some relatives in Windsor - maybe they heard something.
Quote:
is me pulling my hair out in frustration at all these tantalizing little snippets of the story.
Well, I can't post what I haven't written yet... Mind you, I haven't posted everything that I have written, either.
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:
After checking the still that Jean had built, and seeing that there was almost enough ethanol in it to run the bike for long enough to recharge the helmet's batteries, I decided to look through the songs I had picked up in Mega-Tokyo.
Not that I want to nitpick, but wasn't it etablished that the helmet runs on a "drillium" (let's avoid the full name ^_^Wink power cell that should last for years? (even discounting the effects that years of exposure to Doug's field could have had on it?)
NN
Actually I handwaved the helmet power issue as gracefully as I could, years ago -- it might have been the first time I used either the Bellisario Principle or the MST3K Mantra. But I liked Rob's scene a lot, and what the hell, it's not "official". If it makes for good story, I have no problems with it.

-- Bob
---------
I'm in Ottawa, but I have some relatives in Windsor - maybe they heard something.
I'm in Windsor (and as it happens, I have relatives in Ottawa). I didn't hear anything, but the running joke in my family is that if I'm reading something the first step in getting my attention is smacking me upside the head. 8)__________________
"I know when I'm not wanted. I usually don't listen, but I know." - Harper (Andromeda)