Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sorta kinda healing song
sorta kinda healing song
too bad it's too new for the Walk
I see this as putting the subject (whether only Doug or by touch or ranged or whatever) into a trance state that stops them from getting any worse off than they already are (from shock, blood loss, etc) and possibly heals them... slowly. Once activated, the trance lasts until they are healed or some negation song/power is used - maybe Lita Ford's "Your Wakeup Call" suggested before? About the only line that doesn't directly fit this is the one about avoiding cliches, but perhaps as a side effect, the person never, EVER wakes up 'just in the nick of time...' Oh, I forgot the 'destroy my ego' bit. I dunno about that one, but it's not like Doug's metatalent hasn't skipped words that don't fit the theme before.
- CD

Madonna - Die Another Day
--------------------------
I'm gonna wake up, yes and no
I'm gonna kiss some part of
I'm gonna keep this secret
I'm gonna close my body
Guess, die another day
Guess, die another day
Guess, die another day
Guess, die another day
I guess I'll die another day
Analyze this
Analyze this
Analyze this...this...this...this...this...
I'm break the cycle
I'm gonna shake up the system
I'm gonna destroy my ego
I'm gonna close my body now
I think I'll find another way
There's so much more to know
It's not my time to go
For every sin I'll have to pay
I've come to work, I've come to play
It's not my time to go
I'm gonna avoid the cliche
I'm gonna suspend my senses
I'm gonna delay my pressure
I'm gonna close my body now
I guess I'll just die another day
There's so much more to know
It's not my time to go
Uh
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: sorta kinda healing song
Hm.
Healing isn't the first thing that comes to my mind. I'm not sure quite what it should be, though...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
not quite
Well, that's why I said 'sorta-kinda' - it's more of a hibernation song the way I'm picturing it than accellerated healing - in fact, it would probably heal more SLOWLY than normal if anything. The kind of thing to use when trapped and terribly injured, and the only thing left to do is try to hold on until a teammate can dig you out/the repair droids on your ship fix the drive/the supply rocket comes with more air bottles/etc.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: not quite
What it calls to mind for me is more along the lines of "AGH! WHY WON'T HE DIEEEEE?!?!?!"
Not so much -healing- as -not dying-, if that makes sense. For one day, anyhow. Kind of like one of those scaryscary wardrugs that lets people ignore damage, pain, fatigue, etc. It also keeps him from bleeding, though it won't do a thing for structural damage.
I find the image of Doug wading, like Juggernaut, through GREAT FLAMING WADS OF DAMAGE to the tune of this song to be strangely compelling.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
The other option is that it could be used to stabilize someone who is in the process of dying so that they won't die _now_. There's no guarantee that they won't die later, but it'll hold them until EMS can get to them and try to save them.
It's something that I'd see Doug using on scene at a train wreck or something...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
What it calls to mind for me is more along the lines of "AGH! WHY WON'T HE DIEEEEE?!?!?!"
That's more "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba. Not only won't he die, you can't even knock him down...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
The other option is that it could be used to stabilize someone who is in the process of dying so that they won't die _now_. There's no guarantee that they won't die later, but it'll hold them until EMS can get to them and try to save them.
Mmm. I like that. There are definite useful possibilities there.
Quote:
It's something that I'd see Doug using on scene at a train wreck or something...
With an area affect? You bet. Although since Doug's one healing song is also area effect, it'd be a second-choice/last resort kind of thing.
Still, I like.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Quote:What it calls to mind for me is more along the lines of "AGH! WHY WON'T HE DIEEEEE?!?!?!"
Quote:
That's more "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba. Not only won't he die, you can't even knock him

[/quote]
Yup, but does it leave him with a hangover after?
"I drink a wisky drink,
I drink a Lager drink.
I drink a vodka drink,
I drink a cider drink...""I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
Yup, but does it leave him with a hangover after?
Nah, the healing is a built-in hangover cure.

-- Bob
---------
Tubthumping
Quote:
That's more "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba. Not only won't he die, you can't even knock him down...
Actually knocking him down is easy, he just keeps getting up again. You're never gonna keep him down...
Re: Tubthumping
And it's so very Doug, that he can get knocked arse-over-teakettle and end up back on his feat as if he had a couple hundred pounds of lead in them...

-- Bob
---------
Ah, but "Tubthumping" *heals* Doug! I think the point here is kind of like how I thought Kansas' "Carry On Wayward Son" would work: you take the damage, but ignore it... until the end of the song.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Ah. That might be... bad.
Or at least painful.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...

Please excuse the thread necromancy, but isn't it "Die Another Day"? As in, he has 24 hours of damage-indifference from the start of the song. That's usually long enough to get medical attention to go from 'without the song he'd be dead three times over' to 'critical but stable' at least. So, yes painful, but still pretty useful.

That might work, yeah.
-- Bob
---------