- GUITAR SOLO -
CHORUS:
That I can change the world
I would be the sunlight in your universe
You will think my love was really something good
Baby if I could change the world

When this song is used it allows Doug to "Change the World" in the same manner as Corwin and his family walked the shadow world's in Zelazny's Amber series. Minute changes add up, over time, to move a person from world to world.
The biggest limitations I see are the length of the song and how often Doug can use it. It could take a very long time for him to get where he wants to go.
Doug might be able to "force" the changes faster but, if possible, it would cause him to experience a "hell ride" just as in the novels.
Re: A different type of "gate" song?
I love this song.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Re: A different type of "gate" song?
That sort of gradual transition probably wouldn't occur to him as possible until he discovers that there are multiple version of each reality.__________________
"I know when I'm not wanted. I usually don't listen, but I know." - Harper (Andromeda)
Quote:
That sort of gradual transition probably wouldn't occur to him as possible until he discovers that there are multiple version of each reality.
True, Doug would not even think about this being possible until after that point. Until that point, however, while "testing" the song, Doug would experience the effects of the song but not know that anything had happened. After all, what does it mean to Doug if something changes he knows nothing about? If he doesn't know that anything is happening, then, as far as he knows, nothing would have happened. He would just have a song that does "something", he would feel the power flow, but he would not see any effect.
Even if he did recognize the change, until he learns of the existance of the "multiverse" he would just think that he was mistaken. After all, all the outside documentation would show that what he "thought" he saw was wrong and what he now sees is correct.
Re: Re: A different type of "gate" song?
Nice. Maybe I can find a place to work this into the Walk...
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...