Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was glancing thru my CD collection...
I was glancing thru my CD collection...
one of which is a 2 disk set entitled "The Best 80s Modern Rock Album... Ever" and it occured to me that some of these songs could make usful abilities for Doug. For instance:
Mexican Radio by Wall of Voodoo
I feel a hot wind on my shoulder
and the touch of a world that is older
I turn the switch and check the number
I leave it on when in bed I slumber
I hear the rhythms of the music
I buy the product and never use it
I hear the talking of the dj
Can't understand, just what does he say?
I'm on a Mexican radio
I'm on a Mexican - whoah - radio
I'm on a Mexican radio
I dial it in and tune the station
They talk about the U.S. inflation
I understand just a little
No comprende, it's a riddle
I'm on a Mexican radio
I'm on a Mexican radio
I wish I was in Tiajuana
Eating barbecued iguana
I'd take requests on the telephone
I'm on a wavelength far from home
I feel a hot wind on my shoulder
I dial it in from south of the border I hear the talking of the dj
Can't understand, just what does he say?
I'm on a Mexican radio
I'm on a Mexican radio
Radio, radio,
Radio, radio...
(what does he say?)
The power is that all anyone in range can get on their radios is a mexican radio station, sort of Doug's version of a 'Goldfish Warning'
On a side note, the CD also has Dead or Alive's 'You Spin Me Round', which might explain how I got the song stuck in my head last week. 8P
Re: I was glancing thru my CD collection...
Had a couple other ideas last night.
The first would be for when Doug needs a REALLY big distraction (and isn't worried about collateral damage):
Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult
The second was just plain wrong. It occured when my brain crosslinked Doug's co-star in Drunkard's Walk V with Centerfold by The J. Giles Band. Specificly, the line 'Angel is a centerfold.' Luckily I didn't anything in my mouth when that thought occurred to me. 8P__________________
That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
Quote:
The second was just plain wrong. It occured when my brain crosslinked Doug's co-star in Drunkard's Walk V with Centerfold by The J. Giles Band. Specificly, the line 'Angel is a centerfold.'
Well, better DW V (the Ah My Goddess/Brother step) than DW VI (the Evangelion step)...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Hey now, some of us aren't ashamed of our subscriptions to Sexy Kaiju Monthly you know... Some of us find a giant hottie from space or the briny deeps posing invitingly in the rubble of the tokyo skyline hotter than thermonuclear death breath!
- CD would like to note that his default avatar is, well, take a look. Although he/I also has CL3000 shrinking powers, somewhere between 280ft (groundside) and the size of Great Britain (spaceside) is the norm unless hanging out with human-scale folks.
Toy pictures: Hiya! It's... A SWORD! One more thing... Big everywhere! (Yes, it's all worksafe)SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
The power is that all anyone in range can get on their radios is a mexican radio station, sort of Doug's version of a 'Goldfish Warning'
Works for me!
Quote:
On a side note, the CD also has Dead or Alive's 'You Spin Me Round', which might explain how I got the song stuck in my head last week. 8P
It also gives me the right group name to find a copy...
Quote:
Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult
The problem with that is, various jokes aside, it probably verges on being way too overpowered for Doug.
And we won't even discuss the last suggestion.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Quote:
The second was just plain wrong. It occured when my brain crosslinked Doug's co-star in Drunkard's Walk V with Centerfold by The J. Giles Band. Specificly, the line 'Angel is a centerfold.' Luckily I didn't anything in my mouth when that thought occurred to me. 8P
....Belldandy would go scarlet from head to toe, Skuld would implode.
Urd would smile and tell you to make sure you got her best side.Brazil has decided you're cute.Brazil has decided you're cute.
Well, better DW V (the Ah My Goddess/Brother step) than DW VI (the Evangelion step)...
"Commander, we're being attacked by a 300ft tall Playboy Bunny!"
....Belldandy would go scarlet from head to toe, Skuld would implode.
Urd would smile and tell you to make sure you got her best side.

And Chris(tine?) would be growling "This had better be reversable."
As for Godzilla, he's sorta like a dragon, maybe it'd be easier to 'summon' him on a Slayers step.
Xellos: Where did THAT come from?
Doug (smirking): That, is a secret.__________________
"I know when I'm not wanted. I usually don't listen, but I know." - Harper (Andromeda)
First, Holy Bell is not an AMG angel not the Norns.
www.songlyricsworld.com/page-42174.html
Looking at the lyrics I think it would summons a girlie magazine instead... containing pictures of and adult versionof the hottest girl in Doug's homeroom from school. Honestly he could really embarass a female student if he had a homeroom do to sub teaching in on some random step.
Quote:
First, Holy Bell is not an AMG angel not the Norns.
I don't believe that any of us are talking about Holy Bell (or World of Elegance, Noble Scarlet, or La Vie en Rose, and I just typed all of those in from memory.)
Since the crossover is with Oh My Brother, we're talking about the self-insert character god(ling) Paradox, a.k.a. Chris Angel, being turned into a centerfold.
Quote:
Looking at the lyrics I think it would summons a girlie magazine instead...
That could work, too... especially if Bob actually does write a R.O.D Step. (Try telling me Yomiko isn't hot. Go on, I dare you...)
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
especially if Bob actually does write a R.O.D Step.
It hasn't been ruled out yet...
Quote:
(Try telling me Yomiko isn't hot. Go on, I dare you...)
I could, but I'd be lying.

-- Bob
---------
Yet another strange idea that occured to me.
Weird Al's 'Amish Paradise', shuts down all but the simplest machinery in the area of effect. On the down side, this also include the inputs on the helmet. So once the song starts, Doug can't stop it early or change to a different song until Amish Paradise has finished.
Also, if Bob or someone else ever does an Utena step, might I suggest Great Big Sea's cover of 'The End of the World As We Know It' (more upbeat than REM's version)
I wasn't thinking of it as a power song, more something to taunt Akio Ohtori with.__________________
"I know when I'm not wanted. I usually don't listen, but I know." - Harper (Andromeda)
Quote:
Weird Al's 'Amish Paradise', shuts down all but the simplest machinery in the area of effect. On the down side, this also include the inputs on the helmet. So once the song starts, Doug can't stop it early or change to a different song until Amish Paradise has finished.
I like it.
Quote:
I wasn't thinking of it as a power song, more something to taunt Akio Ohtori with.
I am wholeheartedly in favor of taunting Akio Ohtori, just as long as I can run away fast enough afterwards.

-- Bob
---------