Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silent Powers
Silent Powers
Powers that can be done in silence. His silent powers are enumerated as enhanced speed or combat-hyping. improbability field, and magesight.
First technique is taken from from Naruto with the kawarami no jutsu. He could throw down a smoke pellet and use his speed to switch himself with whatever object is handy. Needs strength if he's going to go with logs.
Yadomejutsu: The art of arrow-cutting.
Wooden Table Spin:He's a martial artist so he could be able to manipulate a wooden table he's standing on top of to spin and smack enemies.
Iaijitsu:The ability to kill a person in a single draw from a sheathed sword. Called speed draw when used with pistols.
Houkou Incarnate:The ability to watch a person move in slow motion. It allows the twitch of a muscle to give away predicted motions. (This is specific to martial arts masters as they know what motion follows the muscle twitch).
Sense the Demon/Angel//Etc. :Self-explanatory. Extraplanar visitors tend to stand out. Same technique Skuld used to sense Doug's arrival.
Le Parkour Running:He does this anyway.
A few extra tricks to have up his sleeve. A magician always has an extra trick up their sleeve.
Re: Silent Powers
I think your a bit off charicter design with this idea... I mean one good song about a ninja or something and he can pull that stuff off easy. Also, Doug can have the helmet play internally and you wouldn't hear the song yourself if present.
So go find a good song about ninjas and suggest it here, kentmagus.
It's not really the oint of The Game, but as I understood it the point of the post was that these were things Doug might be able to train to do without music, if he is for some reason deprived of his helmet or the use thereof. The only problem I see is that they're based on traditional martial arts (or Hong Kong movie Thousand Lucky Strikes style martial arts) while Doug is more self-taught with moves from the Three Stooges and Warner Brothers cartoons on a foundation of street brawling and special forces-type training after joining the Warriors.
He probably COULD do it, but finding a teacher who would get over being horrified at his current style to instill some of these would be unlikely, and if figuring them out from scratch was so easy he'd already do it. Aside from that, becoming a hand-to-hand combat monster is kind of a staple of SIs, which Bob tries to avoid or subvert wherever possible.
- CD Of course, I'm not even a prereader, let alone an authoritative source, so what do I know?SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Actually, I can rather readily point to one universe full of such trainers... but Bob already stated the only way he is doing Ranma 1/2 is as a spam bit involving him uncontious and driving through a cluster in Nerima separating the Nermites into cannon couples. Then driving out a portal. Unless you drop him off with anime Excel or some other warped world...
There's the Rival Schools/Project Justice universe that Doug could go to. Hayato might train Doug, since he likes a burning sense of justice.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Quote:
Aside from that, becoming a hand-to-hand combat monster is kind of a staple of SIs, which Bob tries to avoid or subvert wherever possible.
And Doug already is quite an accomplished martial artist, regardless of what some masters think of his "style", to the point that he verges on the cliche already. But that was in his character to begin with -- as the adaptation page on my website notes, his V&V hand-to-hand damage is such that he can kill a normal unprotected human with two punches.
He doesn't need more than that. There are some interesting ideas up there at the top of this thread, but really they don't quite belong with Doug. (Not that he won't try one if it might get the job done, but he won't go into intense training to learn it. He's got more important things on his mind at the moment.)

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Quote:
And Doug already is quite an accomplished martial artist, regardless of what some masters think of his "style", to the point that he verges on the cliche already. But that was in his character to begin with -- as the adaptation page on my website notes, his V&V hand-to-hand damage is such that he can kill a normal unprotected human with two punches.
I would like to point out, as a disclaimer, that in V&V, an average human being can render another average human being into paste with 44 punches. The system has a wonky hit point/hand to hand damage calculation. I once, jokingly, called Jeff Dee (the designer) on it. His response: "Gimme a break; I was 17 when I designed the thing."Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
This is true. V&V is filled with many wonky things. When the late Lisa Frankel introduced me to the game by shoving the rules in my hand and saying, "Here, you run this adventure, I want to play in it" the day I met everyone in the campaign, I ran right into one -- machine guns, which do less damage the more bullets hit. And then there's the infamous Atomic Bomb rule, where it's possible for a nuke to do less damage than a punch...

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...