Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YES! YES! YES!! (Does end zone dance)
YES! YES! YES!! (Does end zone dance)
After many fruitless searches, I FINALLY found a copy of the techno verison of The Phantom of the Opera that was used in the Magnetic Rose AMV - it was (incorrectly) attributed to Nightwish, but wo cares - it rocks almighty hard regardless of the metadata. As for what it might do as a power song... some form of mind control, or possibly illusion projection if Doug saw the AMV as the first exposure to this version. It's simply unthinkable that it could not be a power song.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: YES! YES! YES!! (Does end zone dance)
And who, pray tell, actually is the artist/group who recorded it?

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Dunno. All I know is that the vocalist's accent doesn't match the woman who fronted Nightwish, and while they did do a version of Phantom of the Opera it was much pretty much just a straight cover of the original. If you have an email that can take a three and a half Mb file I could send it directly, though.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
npbaxter@yahoo.com, please.
^_^
Ja, -n
(*wondering if the Macross bunny is about to come out of hibernation*)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Well
My mp3 instance of it just insists that the name of the piece is 'phantom of the opera', and the artist is 'techno'.
Which is rather irritating come to think of it.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Quote:
If you have an email that can take a three and a half Mb file I could send it directly, though.
I would certainly be interested, and I think my mail server will let me receive something that big. My email can be found on my website if you don't know it already.
Failing that, let me know where you found your copy...

-- Bob
---------
failing that, email or post and activate me, I can make it happen with an linkWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Well, I sent copies to Bob and Nathan, and I know Bob at least recieved the message, so it looks like things are okay. If you want a copy anyway, Kokuten, that's fine, but your email is blocked in your profile.
- CD is playing it again right nowSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
Came through fine.
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Listening to it right now...

-- Bob
---------
re:YES! YES! YES!! (Does end zone dance)
Quote:
After many fruitless searches, I FINALLY found a copy of the techno verison of The Phantom of the Opera that was used in the Magnetic Rose AMV - it was (incorrectly) attributed to Nightwish, but wo cares - it rocks almighty hard regardless of the metadata. As for what it might do as a power song... some form of mind control, or possibly illusion projection if Doug saw the AMV as the first exposure to this version. It's simply unthinkable that it could not be a power song.
That is what I suggested for the orignal Broadway version also.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Re: re:YES! YES! YES!! (Does end zone dance)
If it's the version I'm thinking of, the artist/group is Harajuku. (for those who like to keep things nice and organized in their mp3 files)
I believe they have also done a few techo remixes of some Disney songs.
I'll use that name for my copy, then. Thanks, Tex -- and welcome to the forums!

-- Bob
---------
Looks like that's correct - at least, searching for "harajuku" turns up the same file with a different name.
--
I'd like a copy as well please. My e-mail is in my profile.*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org