Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March of Cambreadth
March of Cambreadth
How about Heather Alexander's March of Cambreadth.
Axes flash, broadsword swing,
Shining armour's piercing ring
Horses run with polished shield,
Fight Those Bastards till They Yield
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
How Many of Them Can We Make Die!
Follow orders as you're told,
Make Their Yellow Blood Run Cold
Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane
Let not one damn cur pass by,
Guard your women and children well,
Send These Bastards Back to Hell
We'll teach them the ways of war,
They Won't Come Here Any More
Use your shield and use your head,
Fight till Every One is Dead
Raise the flag up to the sky,
Dawn has broke, the time has come,
Move Your Feet to a Marching Drum
We'll win the war and pay the toll,
We'll Fight as One in Heart and Soul
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
REPEAT FIRST VERSE
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Re: March of Cambreadth
Already have it cued up for special use in the Sailor Moon Step. I don't want to say any more, as it's plot-critical.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Sounds like a Sailor Moon season ending to me - get in there and fight until you die, Serenity fixes it later with the cheeserock after beating the final boss.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Next morning, Harry found himself butt-naked in the other side of town, mouth tasting of lima beans. - from Uzumaki Harry by Shadow Crystal Mage
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
How far off is the Sailor moon step from being ready?
Am looking forward to seeing it. And judging by your comment the situation is bound to be nasty....
WMD
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Re: Re: March of Cambreadth
Well, the AMS stepp is just getting into the swing now, so barring parralell work I rather expect it'll be a while.
- CDThat which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Next morning, Harry found himself butt-naked in the other side of town, mouth tasting of lima beans. - from Uzumaki Harry by Shadow Crystal Mage
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I am doing parallel work -- DW6 chapter 1 is about 25% finished, for example -- but SM is still in a fair amount of development. I have the entire ending sequence, all the way down the epilogues, and I know how things begin, but the middle is still fractured into three or four competing, alternative plotlines.
I'll give this much away: "March of Cambreadth" is a power song, and inasfar as I ever actually use it, BGM for Usagi's big stand at the end will be Manowar's "Kingdom Come".

-- Bob
---------
Feel the white light, the light within!
*reflexively cranks the amp to eleven*
Grr. Argh.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Sweetness, Manowar. I just got my friend into them (I gave him the Fighting the World album for Christmas). I can definitely see how "Kingdom Come" would work.
Also for use in the SM step, check out "Warriors of the World" also by Manowar. It could be useful.
(Side note: Manowar is actually in the Guinness book or records as the loudest band on Earth. I think their concerts at one point averaged over the 100 decibel mark. So I think the amps would be a bit beyond 11 *grin*)*********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Oh, and if anyone wants to hear the version of "March of Cambreadth" Doug will be using (there are at least two that I know of), you can play the whole thing with a link on this page. Go down to the entry for her CD "Midsummer", and click the odd little icon next to the song name, and you'll get a good-quality streamed playback in-line without having to load a player.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Also for use in the SM step, check out "Warriors of the World" also by Manowar. It could be useful.
Thanks, I'll do that.

-- Bob
---------
By the way, Werehack, I just noticed that you're our 155th lucky member! Welcome to the forums!

-- Bob
---------
Re March of Cambreath...
Bob

So I'm the lucky 155th.
Indeed March of Cambreadth would kinda fall under power son category. Come to think of it their are some particularly bloodthirsty songs out there.
Are you restricting yourself to only English Language?
WMD
--Werehawk--
RE: Languages
My understanding is that Doug can get power songs from English, French, and Japanese...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: RE: Languages
And Valdemaran. Any language he speaks fluently.
To be honest, though, the few Valdemaran songs he has in his helmet are English translations courtesy of the Herald-Trainee who became his guide and liaison while he was there.

-- Bob
---------
And isn't it convenient that a literal and/or idiomatic translation of Valdemaran into English maintains scansion, rhyme and meter? *grin*
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Delandra worked very hard at that, I'll have you know. I swear, Harry Potter better appreciate the effort that went into that one song...

-- Bob
---------
MU-HOO-HUH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAHHHH!-NeoRaven
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe
Sponsored by Black Aeronaut Technologies -
Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.-NeoRaven

"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe

Sponsored by Black Aeronaut Technologies -

Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.