Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I suspect this would fall under the "do not play"
I suspect this would fall under the "do not play"
given Doug's aversion to dealing with gods and all.... and conferring on himself the ability to do real damage to a god would, at best, piss them off... and it would be hard to figure out just what effect iit has, for that matter.
The song? Steely Dan's Godwhacker. The only effect is that Doug can feel his metagift working hard, and for the duration, immortals ... aren't.
ETA: Still, it would be very useful in, for example, a Buffy step circa the Glory arc. Or Highlander, I suppose.
ETA2: An immortal he played it around would probably recognise what was happening, though, so maybe Hexe could have told him what was going on and to never, ever use it again...
- CD still thinking on some more 'project a power' songs.That which does not kill us... has made its last mistake.
SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
" It's crazy to try to spell out all the mega-nooks and hyper-crannies of a Borg contrivance." - Doug Drexler
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: I suspect this would fall under the "do not play&am
Quote:
ETA2: An immortal he played it around would probably recognise what was happening, though, so maybe Hexe could have told him what was going on and to never, ever use it again...
*Grins* I'd pay good money to see that happen.-NeoRaven
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allen Poe
Sponsored by Black Aeronaut Technologies -
Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.-NeoRaven

Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.
I'll point out now that Hexe is currently mortal. Her soul -- the projection of her divine nature inhabiting her body -- isn't, but the body is. (But then again, that's the case even for non-divine beings.) She will eventually die of old age, if combat doesn't get her first. (And if it does, watch out! She has a "retributive strike" power born of the fact that the moment she dies, she's out of the mortal shell with all of her power finally available, and she's likely to be pissed.)
As for other comments... well, Helen and I are working right now on putting Doug into the Glory season for the Buffy Step. This might well be a very useful song.
Edit: If only as psychological warfare against the Hellbimbo.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Hmm... Ultra-pissed Goddess Hexe with all her power available to her making a retributive strike against the foe that struck her down... I think I'd pay even more money to see that! Wink
OOOooooOOOHHH... Doug Vs. Glory...

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
SEE DOUGLAS Q. SANGNOIR, THE LOON, GO UP AGAINST GLORY AT THE SUNNYDALE CEMETARY!
Tickets at Ticket Master.

And for the curious, yes, I can do that voice quite nicely.
-NeoRaven
Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.-NeoRaven

Aerospace solutions for the discerning spacer.
Quote:
OOOooooOOOHHH... Doug Vs. Glory...
All I have to say is, wait until the end of DW5, and then refresh the envision...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03