Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song Wiki updated
Song Wiki updated
I had some time this afternoon, and decided to use it updating the DW Song Wiki.
The Offensive, Sensory/Communication, Healing, Transformation, and Metasong categories now have all the official songs from the list Bob posted on 24 March, many of the more recent suggested songs are in the Wiki, and every category has at least one song...
-Rob Kelk
(Edit: It helps if I get the URL right...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Song Wiki updated
One comment - I'm assuming "official" songs are the ones used in the stories? In that case, I didn't see "Konya Wa Hurricane" in there... Smile
Balentius
Quote:
One comment - I'm assuming "official" songs are the ones used in the stories?
I assume so - at least, that's how the story songs that were in the Wiki when I started were tagged.
Quote:
In that case, I didn't see "Konya Wa Hurricane" in there... Smile
It wasn't on Bob's list...
-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Consider it official -- it wasn't on the list because the list was the actual one I use in game play. Or was based on it. I seem to recall that I compiled it before ch 15 of DW2 came out, and I wanted to keep the secret of KwH until then.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Just to be annoying, here is a list of songs from the several of the last chapters of part 2...
Chapter 11
"Black Hole Sun" - Soundgarden: creates multiple black holes that can be used for defense from gravity attacks, as well as offensively
"The Chain" - Fleetwood Mac: creates an unbreakable (theoretically) chain composed of energy, fully animated as he wants it to be
"Fly like an Eagle" - (unknown - there are at least 2 versions I know of...): changes him into an energy eagle (I'm thinking of the Phoenix effect from the X-Men...), grants flight, takes him out of normal time at a ratio of 450-500 to 1
"Ray of Light" - Madonna: changes him into a tachyon particle
"Homeword Bound" - Simon and Garfunkle: Teleports him to whatever is considered home to him
"Tubthumping" - Chumbawumba: Unclear - probably speed, partial invulnerability?
"Firing Line" - Gossamer Axe: affects emotions - generates rage in targets
"Under My Thumb" - Rolling Stones: attempts mind control of one target
Chapter 14
"Age of Aquarius"(movie version): pacifies anyone withing the area of effect
"Breathless" - protection against gas attacks...
Chapter 15
"Konya Wa Hurricane" - Priss and the Replicants: generates a micro-hurricane, with him having limited control over the lightning bolts
"The Way" - Smashmouth: Gate song...
I think that was all the new ones.
Quote:
"Fly like an Eagle" - (unknown - there are at least 2 versions I know of...): changes him into an energy eagle (I'm thinking of the Phoenix effect from the X-Men...), grants flight, takes him out of normal time at a ratio of 450-500 to 1
The Steve Miller Band. The Neville Brothers did a cover of it (and a fairly nice one, too), but given Doug's age and Bob's assertion that different covers of the same tune don't always work the same, I'd go with the original.
Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
The Steve Miller Band. The Neville Brothers did a cover of it (and a fairly nice one, too), but given Doug's age and Bob's assertion that different covers of the same tune don't always work the same, I'd go with the original.
That's funny - I was thinking of the Seal remix when I mentioned the versions...
Personally, I think that the Steve Miller Band version is the best, myself.
Oddly, I think the Seal version is better than the Steve Miller Band original version, but just barely, mostly because I think Seal has an amazingly expressive voice.
I don't dislike ANY of them, though - anyone who dislikes the Neville Brothers probably should be checked for a Horror mark.Brazil has decided you're cute.Brazil has decided you're cute.
Quote:
Oddly, I think the Seal version is better than the Steve Miller Band original version, but just barely, mostly because I think Seal has an amazingly expressive voice.
This is true. I have not heard it, so I couldn't say. Miller's "Fly Like An Eagle" is not my favorite song of his.
Quote:
I don't dislike ANY of them, though - anyone who dislikes the Neville Brothers probably should be checked for a Horror mark.
Disliking the Neville Brothers would qualify someone for lacking soul, at the very least.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."