Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why'd it have to be THAT song?
Why'd it have to be THAT song?
Oddball question: does Doug have to *like* a song to get an effect? I don't have any particular song or power(s) in mind, here, but my sadistic sense of humor just won't let go of the notion of Looney Toons discovering that a song he absolutely *hates* gives him a power or set of powers comparable in magnitude to "Lightning's Hand."
Since his subconscious controls the powers, maybe he just *can't* get anything if it's a song he doesn't enjoy hearing. Still, I snicker at the thought of him realizing with horror that only *that* song will give him just what he needs to clobber the villain of the moment -- and at that point, Doug's bad-mood meter goes off the scale.
DHBirr
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Re: Why'd it have to be THAT song?
Well, on the gaming level, it was always songs I liked that I wanted to use in play. I don't think there's a song he doesn't like in his repertoire at the moment. I think it's pretty likely that one of the criteria used by his subconscious to determine what songs turn into powers is indeed whether he likes it or not.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
A bad idea for a step. Smile
You know them as excellent actors, now meet the Shooting Stars Singing Trio
Reba West know for her Oscar winning preformance as Lynn Minmei
William Shatner and Lenoard Nimoy from the Star Trek show.
There first song will be a chorus of 'We Will Win.'

After the concert, Doug crawls away very ill.
Not every world is going to have to make much sense. Smile
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
Quote:
I think it's pretty likely that one of the criteria used by his subconscious to determine what songs turn into powers is indeed whether he likes it or not.
--------------------------------------------
Pity, although I suspected that. But I was getting wonderful mental images: "*You're* responsible for me having to listen to this crappy song! It'll take two days for me to get these stupid lyrics out of my head! Aaaarrrrgh!"
DHBirr
"The city is being attacked by an enormous Japanese actor in a rubber suit!" -- Dan Piraro, *Bizarro*
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Well, if, as seems to be the case, a song's power is fixed once it's been tried, then what about those times when Doug's opinion of it -changes-?
That is, that silly little jingle you liked so much when you were twenty isn't neccessarily going to seem so engaging fifteen years later...
Ja, -n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Oh, I don't know. I've been playing Doug for more than 15 years and I don't think there's any particular piece of music from 1987-1990 that I stopped liking, "power song" or not...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03