Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Gate Song
Another Gate Song
"Working My Way Back To You Babe", by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons (lyrics and mp3)
Unless Bob says no, I suspect I'll be using this instead of "Country Roads" for "Blue Skies, Blue Water" - after all, Doug has no connection to West Virginia, but he does have someone he wants to get back to...
-Rob Kelk
(Edit to fix the link...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Re: Another Gate Song
Works for me, Rob. In fact, it works on a couple of levels -- my uncle Arthur (better known in the music business as Artie Schroeck -- Google on him in case you're interested) worked with Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons for a long time, and in fact wrote "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You", one of their other big hits. (He used to have the gold record hanging on the wall in his den, and it always fascinated me.) So anyway, there's a kind of metalevel family connection there for me, so I think it's just fine.
Edit: Correction. My uncle did not write the song. He produced and arranged it. I have been consistently getting that wrong for 20 years, so naturally I get it wrong in a globally-read forum.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."
and in fact wrote "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You", one of their other big hits
So does that do anything? It sounds potentially promising for tracking someone through a crowd, though the love side-effects could be disturbing.
And does Doug know it was written by his college roommate's uncle?
Quote:
So does that do anything?
I hadn't thought about it, but the idea you present is pretty good, complete with the annoying side effects.
Quote:
And does Doug know it was written by his college roommate's uncle?
Oh, no. Doug barely remembers Bob -- they were cordial but distant, since each was busy keeping his secrets from the other, and after freshman year they went their separate ways -- both of them gambling on and lucking out with singles in Room Draw for their sophomore year.

-- Bob
---------
It's spelt "Frodo Baggins" but it's pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove."