Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about Transformers
Thinking about Transformers
I was reading the thread on the Transformers theme, and wondered what other tracks from the movie might do.
Hunger (the Sharkicons theme) strikes me as something that might be useful if Doug weas in an eating contest - or if the effects were different, for drumming up customers at a foodstand"I pick you up by the throat.""I'm twice your height right now, you can't reach... Damn, you did!"- Excerpt from a Werewolf LARP
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Thinking about Transformers
Well, "Dare To Be Stupid" is in Doug's helmet somewhere.
And there's one song that Ed Becerra sent me -- damn, I forget the title, but it's one of the bad guys' songs. I'm still thinking on it, but it sounds like it has potential...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
other tracks
Well, 'Nothing's Gonna Stand in Our Way' would prbably be an excellent anti-security measure.
And 'Instruments of Destruction' could have some combat uses I suppose.
D for Drakensis

ultimate track
Heck, why not go for the best?
"The Touch" by Stan Bush, Optimus Prime's theme.
Either it'd amp up Doug's already nifty combat skills, or--the better
outcome as far as this hardcore Transfan is concerned--it'd summon
a sim of Big Red himself. Just the bot you need for smashing through
barricades, laying the smack down on Dobermans, and delivering
inspirational speeches that would make Rose-boy turn green with envy.
...Of course, the song might call up a bunch of demons instead...
--Sam Ashley
"When all Hell's breakin' loose/You'll be right in the eye of the storm..."
Re: ultimate track
Quote:
Heck, why not go for the best? "The Touch" by Stan Bush, Optimus Prime's theme.
I have that in MP3, thanks to Ed Becerra, and I've been looking for a good place to use it for a long time.
Quote:
"When all Hell's breakin' loose/You'll be right in the eye of the storm..."
You'll be seeing Doug in the eye of a storm before the end of DW2...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
offhand, that track might have the effect of guiding him to the source of the particular problem he's trying to resolve (if he can reach it within the track time). Or at least to the key to the solution.
How he gets there, how to use said 'key', and obstacles once he's got there are HIS problems as far as the song is concerned so it's not a cure all. I mean, if he tried it in Robotech it would keep guiding him to Minmei, and he'd probably have No clue how she was about to contribute (just an example, I'm not suggesting it as a step)"I pick you up by the throat."
"I'm twice your height right now, you can't reach... Damn, you did!"
- Excerpt from a Werewolf LARP
D for Drakensis

Transformers songs..
Well, in the vein of this, you could always go for "Instruments of Destruction". If Doug were familiar with the Transformers story, this "might" conjure up Devvie to do the Godzilla thing. Though controlling Devastator would be the trick.
As an alternative, then I can see Doug directing a ghostly squad of construction vehicles and or military vehicles as they demolish the current source of annoyance.
Quote:
"The Touch" by Stan Bush

I did my first (and thus far only) Anime Music Video to this song, using footage from Genesis Survivor Gaiarth. It's available for download at www.honorablemenschen.com...rtners.mpg - warning, it's a 40MB file. It may not be the best video out there, but it's gotten good responses from most people whove seen it, and I like it [Image: smile.gif]

Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large