Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superconductive Doug?
Superconductive Doug?
I could see Doug trotting this out during the Evangelion step during the battle with the 5th(?) angel (the geometric one that they kill with the electron beam cannon they black out all of Japan to power). Angel manages to sever the power cord? No problem; we'll run it through Doug!
Quote:
Light Up My Room
by Barenaked Ladies

A Hydro-field cuts through my neighborhood
Somehow that always just made me feel good
I can put a spare bulb in my hand
And light up my yard
Late at night when the wires in the walls
Sing in tune with the din of the falls
I'm conducting it all while I sleep
To light this whole town
If you question what I would do
To get over and be with you
Lift you up over everything
To light up my room
There's a shopping cart in the ravine
The foam on the creek is like pop and ice cream
A field full of tires that is always on fire
To light my way home
There are luxuries we can't afford
But in our house we never get bored
We can dance to the radio station
That plays in our teeth
If you question what I would do
To get over and be with you
Lift you up over everything
To light up my room
A Hydro-field cuts through my neighborhood
Somehow that always just made me feel good
I can put a spare bulb in my hand
And light up my yard
Light up my yard
Lights in my yard
Light up my yard
Re: Superconductive Doug?
That would work. The only problem is that Bob said specifically that Doug first appears in the universe of Evangelion _after_ the 5th Angel appears.
-Logan
Okay, so an angel attack manages to sever the power cord of Misato's beer fridge instead. I'm certain she'd be no less frantic to have Doug bridge the gap.
*Shatter*
Oh, man, mental image of massive humor.
Do not do that to me while I'm drinking iced tea at my desk at work.

(Easy puzzle for folks about another BNL song. Guess what Doug might use "It's All Been Done" for in the Sailor Moon step...)

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Umm...something that would really piss off Sailor Pluto, I have a feeling. [Image: tongue.gif]
Beyond that, it really depends on when in the series he's dropped. I can see it undoing the effects of the memory block created by Usagi at the end of the first arc, for one thing.
Quote:
(Easy puzzle for folks about another BNL song. Guess what Doug might use "It's All Been Done" for in the Sailor Moon step...)
Cause Pluto to have a near-fatal attack of ennui? [Image: tongue.gif]

I think my best guess would be that it would awaken their memories of the past.
Although, that explicit reference to the 30th century makes me twitch, for some reason...
Quote:
Cause Pluto to have a near-fatal attack of ennui?
Pluto's gonna have a near-fatal attack of another kind entirely if my current plot notes survive long enough.
Quote:
I think my best guess would be that it would awaken their memories of the past.
Give that man a cigar! Once Doug finds out that they're reincarnates, he's going to want to quit pussyfooting around and get them access to all those skills they used to have. This might not be the smartest idea...
Quote:
Although, that explicit reference to the 30th century makes me twitch, for some reason...
Hm. Hadn't thought of that. Hm. Flashforwards... Hm.

-- Bob
---------
>This might not be the smartest idea...
So, you've already asked for permission to use Athena?
Or, do we get to see things like Rei handling the trash by vaporizing it using her newly-controlled pyrokinetic skills, or Makoto confusing everyone around her because her electric bill has dropped to nothing and her walkman never seems to need batteries? Ami wouldn't need to bother getting ice for her drinks, Minako...
Hm. On second though, better not to go into that last.
Anyway, I've always half suspected that that song was written with Pluu-chan specifically in mind. They seem the sorts.
Blessed be.
-n
(Picturing Doug's reaction to meeting Athena. Heh.)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
>(Picturing Doug's reaction to meeting Athena. Heh.)
I'm not sure what Doug's reaction to her would be, but mine might verge on the Tenchi/Shinji-side.
But who says that Bob has to use Biles & Co. senshi. TheJudge has come up an interesting version of them, and gave Ami/Mercury some funky ablilities too.
--Rod.H
>I'm not sure what Doug's reaction to her would be, but mine might verge on the Tenchi/Shinji-side.
I'd probably go into 'rabbit-freeze mode'. Either that or check over my shoulder to figure out who she was -really- talking to.
>But who says that Bob has to use Biles & Co. senshi. TheJudge has come up an interesting version of them, and gave Ami/Mercury some funky ablilities too.
Who/what/where-to-find?
Blessed be.
-n
===========

Quote:
So, you've already asked for permission to use Athena?
Who? From where? I was thinking more of the usual result of Doug going into something with half-knowledge and one-and-a-half confidence -- he sorta gets what he wants, but with unexpected side effects.
Quote:
Anyway, I've always half suspected that that song was written with Pluu-chan specifically in mind. They seem the sorts.
Well, the bit in "One Week" is a dead giveaway, if you ask me: "Got to get in tune with Sailor Moon 'cause that cartoon has the boom anime babes that make me think the wrong thing."

-- Bob
---------
Could folks move any further speculation/brainstorming on the Sailor Moon Step to the "Future Steps" area, please? We're getting a bit off-topic here. Yeah, I know, I started it. So I'm stopping it.

-- Bob
---------
>Who? From where? I was thinking more of the usual result
>of Doug going into something with half-knowledge and
>one-and-a-half confidence -- he sorta gets what he wants,
>but with unexpected side effects.
Ah. Well, Athena is Ami's past life, from Biles and Hosmer's Sailor Moon Z. She's, ah, different.
>Well, the bit in "One Week" is a dead giveaway, if you ask
>me: "Got to get in tune with Sailor Moon 'cause that
>cartoon has the boom anime babes that make me think the
> wrong thing."
If it weren't for that, then yeah, I'd probably be going 'Hm. Creepy coinkydink.' But still. It's Pluto!
Blessed be.
-n
("Oh, that doth look -so- nice..." (Wondering how many people will get -that-.))
===========

Quote:
("Oh, that doth look -so- nice..." (Wondering how many people will get -that-.))
Athena staring at Bob's...unreleased DW 12? [Image: tongue.gif]
Roight, roight, that's enough of that.
I think this thread should either stop or move now. Having just accidentally stumbled over Sailor Moon Z while looking for a different fic entirely ("The Crosstime Adventures of Athena and Sheila") I have, as it turns out, rediscovered who Athena is. But we will discuss this over in Future Steps.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Roight, roight, that's enough of that.

Damn, not only could I hear the line, but I actually said it, with proper accent, before I even realized it. Damn, I need more sleep... [Image: smile.gif]
(edited to fix the typos cause by excessive laughter...)
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large