Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songs from DW1
Songs from DW1
I forgot to add the following to the "spell song book" I posted in the thread of the same name; these are technically "in continuity", although for reasons that most folks here already know, they'll never actually be seen in use.
Note that these are just the songs in my outline; other songs might have been included in the story as things developed, but we'll never know now. (Then again, I may well throw out a song in a future installment and cite it as something Doug first used in Valdemar...)
Note that what I'm giving here is the specific effect allocated in my plot outline; most songs will probably get far more general descriptions if I need them.
We Built This City, Starship. Permanently transforms wooden palisade walls into worked stone.
Bad for Good, Jim Steinman. Ill-specified travel song; I'd probably have replaced this with something more suitable.
Sowing the Seeds of Love, Tears For Fears. Restores fields and crops destroyed by a battle.
Radar Love, Golden Earring. Locates a girl or woman Doug is fond of, and flies him to her at supersonic speeds. (He doesn't know his destination, and is "dragged" along by the song.)
Burning Down The House, Talking Heads. Another generic "fire powers" song.
Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young, Fire, Inc. (from Streets of Fire soundtrack). Gives an extensive illusory "tour" of places on Earth that are important to Doug.
Your Wildest Dreams, Moody Blues. Was going to be used as a cross-dimensional communication in an epilogue, but to tell you the truth, subsequent plans have eliminated the likelihood that this would be needed.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.