Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Use for an Existing Song
New Use for an Existing Song
Use "I'll Play For You" as a target lock - that is, use the song to lock onto a target, and then use another song for offensive powers - it will either give guided shots with unerring aim, or simple prevent them from damaging anything other than the intended target. Great for neutralizing a lone hostage taker...
Of course if it has the latter effect, shooting _through_ the hostages to get to the bad guy might cause a few heart attacks in the process...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Re: New Use for an Existing Song
Okay, obviously I was a bit unclear on what "I'll Play For You" does. It takes an area song (only) and makes it a "targetable" effect. And to the best of my recollection, Doug doesn't have any area-effect damage songs (too abusive in game terms).

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: New Use for an Existing Song
Oh, you said that in the song book, but it doesn't mean that previously unthought-of uses should be thrown out without checking. And Doug does have a history of doing things in unorthodox manners Smile
Offsides
Hmm. :)
How about tying it to, say, something incredibly destructive, like "Christmas At Ground Zero"?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: Hmm. :)
Yeek.
That's a combo that the GM would never allow. (Except maybe to enforce the "Christmas" part literally -- only usable once a year, on that specific date...)
Nice and evil for a story, though...

-- Bob
---------
Not to mention I can only see Doug even contemplating it as a last resort...
Offsides
Either use, yes. Total nuclear devastation, 110' radius? Not a casually-employed song, no...

-- Bob
---------
And now that I think of it...
Doug does have a rather large, area-effect destructive song cued up for use in one of the as-yet-uncertain Steps in which I have done some development work. Although technically, it's not the song itself which is destructive: "Neutron Dance" by the Pointer Sisters.

-- Bob
---------
Re: And now that I think of it...
Yikes... depending on how his Metatalent decided to interpret it, that could be VEEERRRRRY gnasty indeed, Bob!
The two probabilities that come instantly to mind include turning Doug into the WW version of Fantastic Four's Human Torch, and the thought about what could happen if he started stripping off neutrons from atoms in an area of effect and making them dance sound like a megaton of fun..."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Yes, there are certain likelihoods here... I can't say more, or I'll spoil the end of a potential Step.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Doug does have a rather large, area-effect destructive song cued up for use in one of the as-yet-uncertain Steps in which I have done some development work. Although technically, it's not the song itself which is destructive: "Neutron Dance" by the Pointer Sisters.
Remember _Flubber_? The scene with the dancing gooballs?
Yeah. Like that.
Blessed be.
-n
(Just downloaded the ND mp3)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

-- Bob
---------