Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet *Another* Weird Al power song
Yet *Another* Weird Al power song
"I think I'm a clone now"... obviously a Doug simulacrum song. I don't think I have to tell you how fun this would be, even just to mess with people's minds.
Re: Yet *Another* Weird Al power song
And less dangerous to Doug than "The Time Warp" from RHPS...

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Since there is a topic for Weird Al right here, I'll just stick this nonsenscial suggestion for a power right here.
Weird Al - Ebay

For when Doug absolutely, positively, has to have some weird shit from there.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Have you thought of "Hardware Store?"
If might allow Doug to conjure up some random tools or something.
Just an Idea.
When I get home I may add the Lyrics for the song.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Re: Hardware Store
You know, I like that... for the duration of the song, he can pull out any one tool he needs from his "back pockets". He can put them back and pull out new ones, too. That's a good, handy song with non-combat uses. I like it.
And it has a combat use, too! You don't want to see what happens if he points the "automatic circumciser" at the enemy... (Hey, it's in the lyrics...)

-- Bob
---------
Hardware Store
Plus, it's a relatively long song. 3:44
Of course, he could also use "Truck Driving Song" to summon a Semi-truck for a combat... (2:27) But Doug would wind up in drag . . .
Meh, it's a moot point unless he found all of these on his BGC step . . .
Of course, that allows for "Ode to a Superhero" (4:52) as well.
"Sling us a web, you're the Spider-man!
Sling us a web tonight!"
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
But there's no Spiderman -- fictional or otherwise -- in Warriors' World, so he'd have far less of an idea who and what Peter Parker is...

-- Bob
---------
Simple solution. Have a local friend in some universe either A) have a stockpile of the comic books or B) take him out to see the movie (not necessarily *quite* the same movie we have...). *Then*, possibly as an extension of the same this-is-so-cool,-isn't-it? thing, have Doug encounter the song. He won't know the webslinger as well as even I do (having never read the comic books... I don't even know *how* I became familiar with the character, I just am), but he'll be familiar enough for the song to have its desired effect.
Re: Spderman Theme
Okay. On a metalevel, as an author I want to stay away from songs like that. They're too easy, they're like cheating. One of the reasons that the DW version of WW has no major superhero comics is so I have a good excuse in-story to stay away from theme songs like this one.

-- Bob
---------
Peter Parker, 16, dead from radiation-induced leukemia
Quote:
Okay. On a metalevel, as an author I want to stay away from songs like that. They're too easy, they're like cheating. One of the reasons that the DW version of WW has no major superhero comics is so I have a good excuse in-story to stay away from theme songs like this one.
Well, we could always change things slightly to accomodate the differences between here and WW.
For example, maybe they have comic books or pulp fiction like "Spicy Loading Dock Stories" or "Middle Management Man!" I'm sure that all of us here could work up new lyrics to the existing melodies.
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
IIRC, I mentioned this to you shortly after I heard the song for the first time... Though personally I think Dough should be limited to pulling out items mentioned in the song...
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Actually, yeah, I think I remember you suggesting it, Josh. In which case, perhaps the automatic circumciser is in fact the most combat-useful thing he could produce, followed closely by the sledgehammer...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
In which case, perhaps the automatic circumciser is in fact the most combat-useful thing he could produce
Assuming that's not a violation of the Geneva Convention and/or Doug's own personal squeemishness... (ouch!)
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large

-- Bob
---------