Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transformers: The ....loonie?
Transformers: The ....loonie?
Did the Transformers, as a cartoon concept, exist in Warriors World?
A friend of mine just gave me (another!) copy of the Transformers: The Movie soundtrack, and so I was listening to it (did I mention that it's probably my favorite single 80s collection of music?) and my brain fixated on Doug for some reason (probably to get it away from the Transformers stuff), and it kind of lodged inside the old yabbo...
The Touch: Does not use it except it world-shattering emergencies. Gives him utter, complete and total combat superiority. Unfortunately, once the song runs out... so does he, at the level of a failed (or successful!) Walk.
Instruments of Destruction: sonic attacks?
Death of Optimus Prime: does Doug get anything from instrumentals?
Dare: amps his improbability (!) so that no matter what happens to him, he lives through it. (He may be UNHAPPY, but he'll be ALIVE...)
Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way: superhuman speed and near-invulnerability. The Cannonball Effect.
The Transformers (Theme): ....I have no idea. It scares me.
Escape: another instrumental.
Hunger: this is a highly negative song, and may turn Doug into a life-force vampire. One of those he keeps around for 'no other choice in the matter'.
Autobot/Decepticon Battle: another instrumental.
Dare To Be Stupid: No net effect - this is probably the default song Doug lives under. WinkBrazil has decided you're cute.
Transformers themes
He's already covered instrumentals do nothing, so if he has those, they'd be purely for entertainment.
As for Dare to be Stupid... maybe it projects a silliness field around Doug. Other people are suddenly encouraged to act in childish and funny ways, and do so, with no regard for how embarassing it may be to them. This would be especially useful in tense hostage situations which look like both sides are about to go in shooting. Doug cues *this* up, and suddenly everyone's dancing and singing while Doug moves in a cleans up. Smile
The Transformers Theme might cause all mechanical objects in a certain range to spontaneously "transform" and start attacking each other. (It's essentially a "ballad" about two rival mechanical races fighting each other, remember.) As a distraction, it would be wonderfully chaotic. But the property damage would be extreme. It's the kind of thing I'd only use in an enemy facility, when you *want* to inflict maximum damage.
Re: Transformers: The ....loonie?
Quote:
A friend of mine just gave me (another!) copy of the Transformers: The Movie soundtrack, and so I was listening to it (did I mention that it's probably my favorite single 80s collection of music?) and my brain fixated on Doug for some reason (probably to get it away from the Transformers stuff), and it kind of lodged inside the old yabbo...
Yeah, some good stuff there - I've discussed some of these with him before, specifically "The Touch" (If you haven't seen the AMV I did for this, check out my website (should be listed in my profile - drop me a note if it isn't) Smile). "Dare" and "Dare to be Stupid". Unfortunately, I have no recollection of _what_ we discussed about them right now... Smile
Offsides
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
by the way, if anyone in the Greater New York area wants a copy of the Transformers soundtrack on CD, I'm willing to part with my ...er... third.
(Well, at least they're given by friends who know what I like...)Brazil has decided you're cute.
The Transformers are a cartoon in Warriors' World -- that weird meta I've mentioned a couple times before, Toon, had a Transformer shape, if I recall correctly.

And somehow I'm replying to the wrong message, so I can't see your suggestions, dammit. But since I only know "Dare" and maybe one or two others, I can't really comment on them.
Quote:
if anyone in the Greater New York area wants a copy of the Transformers soundtrack on CD
I'd take you up on this, if only so I can comment.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Personally, I take the position of "Dare to be Stupid" increasing the diameter of his Personal Improbablity field to the standard area of effect."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
You remember correct: One of Toons forms was that of a transformer. (The only other one I recall was that of Gazoo, so The Flintstones are also canonically existing).
However, the exact form and nature of those shows, that's never been established, so what the theme music from the movie is like, well that's open.

Skitz
Quote:
However, the exact form and nature of those shows, that's never been established,
You know, that's an interesting point. It just occurred to me that a show like Tenchi Muyo could be more or less the Warriors' World version of a "real world" romantic comedy, kinda like "Marmalade Boy". The fact that the girls all have powers -- well, so? Lots of people have powers. They're aliens? So? There are lots of humanoid aliens. I don't see the science fiction here...

-- Bob
---------
Bob:
mail your address (if you dare!) to mephron@optonline.net and I'll send it to you on Friday, along with the package I have to go out to Gryphon.
It'll be a Mailing Extravaganza!Brazil has decided you're cute.
If I dare? We've met face to face and I daresay that if you wanted to find it out on your own, you could figure out my mailing address in 15 minutes or less...
But as soon as I can open a window to my webmail, I'll shoot it your way.
Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
This is true. But hey, I'm all in favor of giving people options.Brazil has decided you're cute.