Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kill Bill soundtrack . . .
Kill Bill soundtrack . . .
How about the flamenco-disco version of "Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" used for part of the climactic battle with O-Ren Ishii? It's an old EP, so that equals at least ten minutes of whatever effect would apply . . .
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Kill Bill soundtrack . . .
I haven't seen KB1 yet -- missed it in the theatres and haven't rented it yet. So I don't know what this sounds like. But the description you give is pretty cool; I want to hear it.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Re: Kill Bill soundtrack . . .
I'll take Tomoyasu Hotei's 'Battle Without Honor Or Humanity' instead. Also on the KB1 soundtrack, "Urami-Bushi" composed and performed by Meiko Kaji, taking from one of the movies that immensely influenced Kill Bill, Shurayukihime (Lady Snowblood). (It's a stunning movie. I recommend it.)

That version of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" was performed by Santa Esmeralda, BTW. If you feel like Doing Something The RIAA Won't Like.Brazil has decided you're cute.
Re: Kill William just doesn't have the same ring to it
Quote:
I'll take Tomoyasu Hotei's 'Battle Without Honor Or Humanity' instead.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that that was a purely instrumental piece. Makes it kind of difficult to use around here.
Re: Kill William just doesn't have the same ring to it
It is, yes. I just find flamenco to be an irritating musical form. (But that's just me...)
Urami-Bushi, though... Doug understands Japanese, so he could use it.
Of course, the song's all about the burden of a life spent as an instrument of revenge, so YMMV.Brazil has decided you're cute.