Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music to Cook By
Music to Cook By
Given the Feb 18 snippet of DW2's chapter 15, I'm trying to recall if instrumental music does anything for Doug's powers.
Given that he appears to be cooking in the snippet, perhaps the theme music to Iron Chef might be appropriate - particularly since it was originally written to be theme music for Backdraft, a movie about firefighters SmileJeanne

Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com
go.compuserve.com/Comic

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Re: Music to Cook By
I'd say read the FAQ, except it ain't done yet. Nope, instrumental music does nothing. Doug has several snippets in his helmet which I always intended to use for comedic or dramatic effect -- cartoon sound cues, dramatic stings, stuff like that -- but I never got around to using it in-game, and it hasn't been appropriate yet in-story. The Iron Chef theme is as good an idea as any I've seen in a while...

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Quote:
The Iron Chef theme is as good an idea as any I've seen in a while...
Ever since I started watching IC I've wondered if whoever picked that music for IC's theme realized the Backdraft connection at the time. A connection between a cooking show and a movie about fire tickles my sense of the absurd (and yet, it's somehow appropriate too )Jeanne

Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com
go.compuserve.com/Comic

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Hm. I've never seen Backdraft so I didn't catch that...

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Oh...
My...
Goddess...
TELL me he's got Daffy and/or Bob Hoskins' version of "The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down" in that there helmet...and what it will do?
Doug doesn't have the "Roger Rabbit" version, no. He has the WB instrumental version for playing for fun (as an instrumental, it has no effect).

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.